BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

What corrections needed for 40mm lift?

• ramonmaruko
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Aug 2018 08:41 #195482 by ramonmaruko
Replied by ramonmaruko on topic What corrections needed for 40mm lift?
Thank you for checking. Yes, just the OME lift kit with the caster correction bushes.

Anyway, I tried going to 50km/h to 80km/h again in a good condition highway (Cebu South Coastal Road) last night and I didn't experience the "wavy" driving. But in another road in the same night, I encountered the "wavy" driving. So this steering problem might be caused by road imperfections. The death wobble (around 80km/h - 90km/h) is still there but I think this is another issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GRAYWOLF
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Aug 2018 14:56 #195495 by GRAYWOLF
Replied by GRAYWOLF on topic What corrections needed for 40mm lift?
With regard to the so called 'death wobble'
I also experienced this, after fitting slightly bigger tyres(215.70 x15.
Checked track rod ends, kingpins..etc..etc..after trying all the usual, i eventually followed advice from a guy on here, and fitted balancing beads to my front tyres..problem solved, no more wobble, these really DO work..i had tried getting wheels rebalanced also, no difference.
However popped these into my front tyres..brilliant..no more wobble or vibes..worth the money..and, they arent expensive..

More
28 Aug 2018 16:40 #195497 by jackonlyjack
+1 on the balancing beads work just fine in my 225/75/16'S got mine from Devon 4x4
The following user(s) said Thank You: GRAYWOLF

More
29 Aug 2018 01:15 #195512 by zukebob
Checked my coils and, as I expected, 2 of them are the same as yours. Certainly not a source of your steering problem.

I don't have any experience with the balancing beads (although I've been tempted to try) but would agree with graywolf and jackonlyjack that the place to start would be with wheel balance. If that doesn't work, then you may want to take it somewhere that can do a thorough alignment check.

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left
The following user(s) said Thank You: ramonmaruko

• ramonmaruko
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Aug 2018 03:24 #195513 by ramonmaruko
Thank you for checking it Bob.

I'll have the wheels balanced and will do an alignment check to see if it solves the problem. As for the balancing beads, I'll read more about it.

As for the LSPV, shouldn't it be located here? https://photos.app.goo.gl/p4Jmed1bBmG6AW9A8 I see no spring attached. I'll cross reference it with the service manual to verify tomorrow. I'm assuming that the "old" service manuals for the SN413 still applies to the JB43?

More
29 Aug 2018 06:49 #195516 by zukebob
Sorry. I saw your question on the bracket earlier and was going to answer it but I became focused on the suspension and forgot. I'm not sure if any of the post 2015 Jimnys came with the bracket. The 2015s don't have it. The picture you show is the same as mine (without alteration).

More
29 Aug 2018 10:39 #195519 by yakuza
LSPV is the load sensor for the brakes?

There is none if your car has ABS.
Mlines said so in another post on here.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

• ramonmaruko
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Aug 2018 13:25 #195527 by ramonmaruko
But my model doesn't have ABS.

More
30 Aug 2018 01:15 #195550 by zukebob
The market area configuration differences gets confusing and you will need to do some filtering of information on the forum. Essentially the rundown for the Philippine late model Jimny is:

VVT.....nope
Air bags (through the 2017 model)......nope
ABS.....nope
Load proportioning valve......nope

We aren't the only market area with some basic differences but most of what you will see here will still apply.

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds