BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Replacing 2WD, etc, switch lights

• AJD
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jun 2018 00:59 #193879 by AJD
Hi, I'm posting here for the first time as a fresh Jimny owner (2007 model SN413). Can anyone offer advice on replacing the 2WD/4WD/4WD-L switch bulbs? The 2WD one was working but it's dead now too after an installer putting in a new media player had a failed go at accessing and replacing the other two bulbs. His advice was don't go to an auto electrician, they cost an arm and a leg, just google it. Well, I did, couldn't find an answer and ended up here. Any help welcome, thanks. Anthony

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jul 2018 12:24 #193922 by GWFBrown
Hi
Very easy to do - remove radio assy - put your hand in and unclick 2WD/4WD/4WD-L assy and replace bulbs - be aware the bulbs are tiny and I could only get them from Suzuki for about £9.00 each.
regards.
Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AJD

More
02 Jul 2018 21:41 #193938 by Darthblaker7474
You can use sub-miniature bulbs instead of going to Suzuki, just swap the dead ones out of the plastic holders.

• AJD
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Jul 2018 03:47 #194112 by AJD
Replied by AJD on topic Replacing 2WD, etc, switch lights
After figuring out how to get the switch assembly out--it has clips on the sides that you can reach through the ashtray opening--I hunted far and wide for replacement bulbs, before improvising with one red LED and another standard bulb made red with a marker pen. Came across this useful guide to removing the front panel: www.bigjimny.com/images/documents/dashcenterpanelremoval.pdf
Anthony

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds