BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

2007 Jimny Cat Converter Exhaust

More
11 Mar 2018 14:03 #190267 by bryn
I have a 2007 Jimny which is in need of a new front exhaust (with cat converter ) section. I think I will get one of eBay and has anyone got a preference please. I understand I will need a couple of gaskets and can someone point me in the right direction. Apologies but when I use the eBay vehicle filter none of them seem to fit my 2007 jimny.

Much Appreciated
bryn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
11 Mar 2018 21:06 #190283 by Riccy
If your having trouble identifying it on ebay i would get one from a local motor factors so at least you can take it back if wrong. probably not much difference in price either :-)

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
12 Mar 2018 05:22 #190293 by Lambert
I know it is not in everyone's budget but when either of mine are needing a new exhaust then it will be stainless steel manifolds back, I have had too many pattern exhausts that last a couple of years tops and no longer have the inclination to consider it a service item. Exhausts can be manufactured to last, but not the one's that come from eBay or motor factors.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
12 Mar 2018 07:12 #190297 by helijohn

Lambert wrote: it will be stainless steel manifolds back,

Do you mean the actual header? I am needing a header fabricator who does SS.

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
12 Mar 2018 11:39 #190311 by Lambert
Yeah. I have no need for one just yet so haven't really looked at what is available.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Mar 2018 15:16 #190318 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic 2007 Jimny Cat Converter Exhaust
Got mine from a local motor factor's its not the best quality but its OK.

More
12 Mar 2018 18:45 - 12 Mar 2018 18:46 #190328 by bryn
Ordered one of these.......comes with a fitting kit so fingers crossed

bryn

Fit with SUZUKI JIMNY Catalytic Converter Exhaust 91156H 1.3 (Fitting Kit Includ
Last edit: 12 Mar 2018 18:46 by bryn.

More
12 Mar 2018 22:32 #190332 by Scimike
I would be interested in your opinion of the exhaust you ordered when you have fitted it.

The exhaust on mine will at some point need replacing and the options appear to be ebay/motor factor or a custom made stainless system. At the moment the latter apeals more as the back silencer box I replaced (ebay/factor) needed much work to make it fit and not foul body or towbar. So I don't have much faith or experience in these.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
15 Mar 2018 23:21 #190471 by bryn
When I bought the Jimny nearly 5 years ago I replace the whole system with the cheapest on ebay. I use the car off road in very challenging situations on a daily basis and have replaced both the back box and cat recently. I found the lot very easy to fit and I think not bad value for money. As for stainless steel I can’t comment on it durability but I feel its cost is too much for my pocket.
I also think Amazon are very competitive now and thats where I recently bought the back box off.
bryn

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds