BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

gearbox propshaft removal

• rexthecat
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Mar 2018 16:35 #189890 by rexthecat
gearbox propshaft removal was created by rexthecat
Thinking I might need to replace a UJ on the shaft between the gearbox and transfer. Any tips on removing it? Is it just a case of unbolting it from the transfer box and sliding it out from the gearbox then reverse to refit?

cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
03 Mar 2018 17:20 #189893 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic gearbox propshaft removal
put the back of the car on ramps to make the gearbox oil go to the front of the box. it will all fall out when the prop is pulled out otherwise.

other than that its just 4 bolts onto the transfer box and pull out of the gearbox. You might need to remove the front prop to get to it tho.

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

• rexthecat
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Mar 2018 09:36 #189918 by rexthecat
Replied by rexthecat on topic gearbox propshaft removal
grand thanks, guess just chock the front wheels well.

cheers

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds