Search (23 Feb 2018)

A trial enhanced search facility has been enabled. Please use the Google Custom Search above.

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

4" Shock and Spring recommendations please

More
03 Feb 2018 17:51 - 03 Feb 2018 17:52 #189074 by X88RED
Hello all,

I am looking to get new 4" shocks and springs and I would like to get some recommendations from people. I am running more weight than normal, with a HD front bumper, winch, rock sliders, and I also have 2" body lift. I am not bothered if the ride is bumpy on the road as long as it is good off road.

I have been looking at the Pro Comp ES9000's and Jimny Bits 4" which seem to be pretty good.. would I need to upgrade to LHD diesel springs for the extra weight I have and would the diesel springs provide better stability with my 2" body lift? Not sure if I can run LHD drive springs though given I have a RHD.

Thank you!

Redmond
Last edit: 03 Feb 2018 17:52 by X88RED.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Feb 2018 18:19 #189075 by Riccy
Zanfi :-) I have 3" diesel ones and very pleased with them. work well with the extra weight of bars and guards

J999 MNY, M16 VVT, R7me gbox & Rocklobster,
31x10.5r15 Cooper STT, 2x ARB Lockd' 3.9 diffs & twin compressor,
6.5" total lift, Zookbob HD steering shock, Ignis recaro's
Custom bar & arches, rocksliders & guards,
Snorkel, K&N, 13500lb Winchmax, Buzzweld, etc, etc

Plus ULYSSES (06' trayback project)

• Busta
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Norfolk's official off-roading God.
More
04 Feb 2018 08:56 #189079 by Busta
In my experience bumpy on road = terrible off road. As ever, it's best to get a dedicated Jimny kit rather than using generic shocks like the pro-comps.

Moderators: funkyjimnyooky_123
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds