BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

T-case Doubler: Vitara & Samurai in a '98 Jimny with 2" Body Lift. Will it fit ?

More
10 Jan 2018 03:08 #188208 by Rabid Rhino
I have an OTT Kicker 3. Not as good as a Redacted unit with the breather hoses but I've had it for ages.
I'd like to put it in my 1998 Jimny that I just bought which already has a 2" body lift to hopefully clear the Vitara Bell-housing.

I spoke to Redacted who said the doubler does go in & gave me a list of parts needed, however I'm looking for people here who have done it and ideally some build pics or even a thread link, as I'd like to see how it fits etc. I searched but didn't find any actually completed.

RW told me to take advantage of swapping out the Jimny transmission for the Vitara Gearbox & Bellhousing and also swap out the 1300 engine for a 1,600cc Baleno engine as the 4 bolts on the engine block match up perfectly with the 4 of the Vitara bellhouse. So no adapter or additional drilling required.
RW said I'll have to swap over the following parts from the 1,300 Jimny engine to the 1,600 Baleno motor.......
Injectors, Sump, Drive Belt Tensioner.
Any thing else needs swapping over ?
What starter motor would be needed ?

Looking for a nice clean and straight LHD Jimny..... Not any more.
Got one that seems to have been magnatized and driven through the "Big Jimny Bits" parts stores too quickly so it missed a few items.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Dec 2019 19:06 #216369 by Rabid Rhino
Just bumping this cos its about to go in in the next few weeks so looking for advice.
Anyone got a Redacted doubler to compare?

Got one that seems to have been magnatized and driven through the "Big Jimny Bits" parts stores too quickly so it missed a few items.

More
16 Dec 2019 08:40 #216504 by Busta
I've never seen anyone doing this before so any details and pictures you have would be greatly appreciated. RW will be the expert on this, so take his advice as golden.

More
11 Feb 2020 18:43 #218322 by Rabid Rhino
Still nothing ? I read on fb that Ray Edwards did it, said it was tight but no photos.

Also …...
Anyone put an Early Vitara Auto in their Jimny ? I gone one & it looks much bigger.

May need a 3" body lift. Anybody fitted one ?

More
12 Feb 2020 00:50 #218354 by zukebob
You are correct that the AW4 is compatible with the G series engine. All of the searching I have done in the past has focused on the possibility of an AW4 transmission behind an M series, but I never found anyone who put a Vitara transmission in any Jimny. If the person you mention did it, you may want to pm him to see if you can get some info.

Alternatively, you may want to do a search on the Auszookers forum. My memory (from when I was researching before) is that there was someone there who put the AW4 in an SJ. Although that isn't a prime comparison, it would likely help with ideas for fit issues.

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds