BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Bumper swap incl. fog lights - can be done?

• Elikratos
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Dec 2017 08:56 #187824 by Elikratos
Howdy all,

I consider swapping the existing bumper with another OEM one, yet the previous model fitted on units until 2005. Reason is the post-2005 version puts on show a lower approach angle by simply being bigger and larger.

Couple of questions though.

1. Is this a fairly trouble-free DIY project or does it require some further modifications on top of the actual bumper swap ?
2. My Jimny is factory equipped with fog lights. Do they fit (plug and play sort of) also to the older model bumper or do they differ size wise / maybe require different fitting / brackets etc. ?

Many thanks indeed for your piece of advise.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
28 Dec 2017 14:31 #187837 by Lambert
The 2013 facelift has been grafted on to a post 2005 with some success, so I can't see why it couldn't be done with a bit of effort and some ingenuity.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds