BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

18000 Mile service cost with question.

• tomlinson
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Oct 2017 15:37 #185641 by tomlinson
18000 Mile service cost with question. was created by tomlinson
Just had my Jimny in for its 18000 service at a cost of £250. They said the cost was due to it being a"big service" which is what they said for the 1st one as well.
How does this compare to other people's experience of cost?
Also, do you know if the transfer box oil gets done at 18k? I'm sure they said it would be done, but I can't see it on the itemised bill...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 1anpoterrier
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Oct 2017 16:13 #185644 by 1anpoterrier
Replied by 1anpoterrier on topic 18000 Mile service cost with question.
took ours for first 1 was about £190 got 10% off as a new custermer,cost more than daughters bmw

• 1066Boy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Oct 2017 17:18 #185648 by 1066Boy
Replied by 1066Boy on topic 18000 Mile service cost with question.
My service is normally £75 labour with me supplying the parts. :)

More
31 Oct 2017 23:37 #185698 by Busta
18,000 miles is: Replace aux belts, engine oil+ filter and brake fluid. Inspect valves, fuel system, air filter, brakes, suspension, steering and wheels. There is no checking of gearbox, diff or transfer oils at this service, nor is there a specified interval for replacing the transfer case or diff oils though the entire service schedule so they would only be replaced if deemed necessary following inspection.

So it's basically a service and inspection. Approx £60 of parts and about 2.5hrs labour so £250 is probably to be expected from a main dealer.

• NicBeeee
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Nov 2017 08:46 #185704 by NicBeeee
Replied by NicBeeee on topic Re:RE: 18000 Mile service cost with question.

1066Boy wrote: My service is normally £75 labour with me supplying the parts. :)

Same as, plus I like to think I do a more thorough job, can't see your average service technician silicone greasing anything rubber, lubricating all hinges, polishing lights, could go on and on. Usually takes me a good ten hours on and off, guess it would cost almost £600 in a garage.

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds