BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

List of Engines to Swap in

• OllieNZ
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jan 2017 16:51 - 12 Jan 2017 19:20 #176574 by OllieNZ
List of Engines to Swap in was created by OllieNZ
Hi All,
I've been attempting to compile a list of engines that could be/have been swapped into a Jimny.
I've tried to ensure the information is as accurate as possible, the weights however are open for discussion and the power/torque figures may change depending on the exact variant of the engine.

File Attachment:
Last edit: 12 Jan 2017 19:20 by OllieNZ. Reason: List Update

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gazguzzler
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jan 2017 17:26 #176576 by Gazguzzler
Replied by Gazguzzler on topic List of Engines to Swap in
Thats a good resource, strange no 2L petrol have been fitted, 1.8 BMW engine seems to be biggest. I had a pal that fitted a 2L carlton engine and box into his SJ, he used to race friends with 3.9i V8 defenders with it!

Phil

• OllieNZ
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jan 2017 17:57 #176587 by OllieNZ
Replied by OllieNZ on topic List of Engines to Swap in

Gazguzzler wrote: Thats a good resource, strange no 2L petrol have been fitted, 1.8 BMW engine seems to be biggest. I had a pal that fitted a 2L carlton engine and box into his SJ, he used to race friends with 3.9i V8 defenders with it!

Phil

The list is not intended to be the be all end all. I've tried to stick to engines I know have been fitted or I think would be suitable and are readily found in scrappers etc. If there's anything you'd like to see on the list let me know the engine code and I'll add it

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
11 Jan 2017 18:00 #176589 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic List of Engines to Swap in
I know its not going to help your conversion, but it would be intersting to know what a m16a vvt specs are as ive got a m13a vvt jimny ;-)

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

• TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jan 2017 18:06 #176591 by TomDK
Replied by TomDK on topic List of Engines to Swap in
What would you like to know?

The m16a VVT fits right in.

• OllieNZ
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jan 2017 18:14 #176593 by OllieNZ

Riccy wrote: I know its not going to help your conversion, but it would be intersting to know what a m16a vvt specs are as ive got a m13a vvt jimny ;-)

Don't know how I missed those 2 :blush:
I'll update the list with the m13a vvt and the m16a vvt at some point in the next few days.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
11 Jan 2017 18:15 #176594 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic List of Engines to Swap in
Curiosity really, i could do with more power for the 235 tyres, and had read on old posts on here that it was an easy swap. When i look around at avaliable m16a vvt engines theres a bit of choice depending on what they were taken out of (grand vit, SX4, etc). are they all the same tune/specs?

also forgot to mention the m15a vvt from a swift

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

• TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jan 2017 18:22 #176595 by TomDK
Replied by TomDK on topic List of Engines to Swap in
How the engines compare are easiest done just using google.

• Gazguzzler
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jan 2017 18:51 #176597 by Gazguzzler
Replied by Gazguzzler on topic List of Engines to Swap in
I would be interested in the Swift 1.3 Gti figures - as per my thread www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum?view=topic&catid=7&id=61499

The comparison in the table would help me decide which engine - but I expect now it'll be a 1.6 GV engine.

Also the BMW conversions - are there kits or is just engines people have made fit the Jimny?

Phil

• 1066Boy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jan 2017 19:12 #176598 by 1066Boy
Replied by 1066Boy on topic List of Engines to Swap in
My mate that is a bit of a mad scientist when it comes to engine swaps has suggested the Ford Zetec 2.0
for mine! :)

• OllieNZ
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jan 2017 19:22 #176600 by OllieNZ

Gazguzzler wrote: I would be interested in the Swift 1.3 Gti figures - as per my thread www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum?view=topic&catid=7&id=61499

The comparison in the table would help me decide which engine - but I expect now it'll be a 1.6 GV engine.

Also the BMW conversions - are there kits or is just engines people have made fit the Jimny?

Phil

List updated with G13K and vvt's

Don't know on the kit front. Most of the engines listed would require a full engine/ecu combo and either the Jimny gearbox adapted or it's own gearbox.

• OllieNZ
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jan 2017 19:23 #176601 by OllieNZ

1066Boy wrote: My mate that is a bit of a mad scientist when it comes to engine swaps has suggested the Ford Zetec 2.0
for mine! :)

Engine code? I'll add it to the list.

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds