BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Plastidip

• leftcase
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Dec 2016 14:37 #175578 by leftcase
Plastidip was created by leftcase
I need to paint the plastic trim on my Jimny. A friend suggested I give it a go with some Plastidip. Has anyone else tried it? Is it any good?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Dec 2016 22:27 #175621 by HardtopSoftop
Replied by HardtopSoftop on topic Plastidip
Not used it myself,but l use another car forum and quite a few people have used it with good results..As l understand it,if you don't like the results you just peel it off....

1st's 1st and 2nds nowhere...

More
13 Dec 2016 22:41 - 13 Dec 2016 22:53 #175622 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic Plastidip
Plastidip or Plastikote? Plastidip is like thick goo you dip stuff in. Plastikote is a spray paint. I have limited experience with plastikote but it wasn't anywhere nearly as tough as I expected it to be. Easy to use though.

Edited to say: Turns out plastidip do spray paint too! So ignore me. Do lots of coats and it will be fine.
Last edit: 13 Dec 2016 22:53 by Busta.

• wilku
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Dec 2016 12:39 #175628 by wilku
Replied by wilku on topic Plastidip
I had a plastidip coat on my speedo in my motorcycle and unfortunately it gets scratched relatively easily, so I would recommend using it on any external element in an off-road car nor on anything exposed to hits or friction.

If you go mainly on-road and want to cover.. mirrors' plastic then I guess it would be fine for some time. But in any case it is not a life-time solution.

Although I must admit that the layer is also easily repaired - just spray the place where it got chipped and you're good to go.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds