BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Oil leak from back of engine

• kriksis
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Apr 2016 06:58 - 17 Apr 2016 07:06 #165434 by kriksis
Oil leak from back of engine was created by kriksis
I have an oil leak from back of engine (G13BB), and it's dripping on gearbox.
Changed head cover gasket and it didn't help a thing.

It think it's the part on back, see picture.

What is that part? Is it hard to remove, do i need to take off head cover?

Thanks!
Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Apr 2016 07:06 by kriksis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OllieNZ
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Apr 2016 07:21 #165435 by OllieNZ
Replied by OllieNZ on topic Re:Oil leak from back of engine
It's easy to remove. To do it properly you'll need to take the rocker cover off. There's two parts one bit covers the cam position wheel and the other is the rear cam bearing. The wheel cover has an o-ring, the cam bearing however has no gasket so you'll need some sort of gasket maker, loctite 515 for example to seal it.

More
18 Apr 2016 18:42 - 18 Apr 2016 18:45 #165481 by Germny
Replied by Germny on topic Oil leak from back of engine
Had exactly the same problem recently, it was the rocker cover gasket leaking right at the back of the engine. Bought a new one from Martin and it did the trick.

This is a difficult area to see so I cleaned the area very thoroughly then ran the engine for a while. Then I used a "mirror on a stick" to locate exactly where the oil was leaking from. There is no point just buying and changing stuff until you have tracked down the source of the leak.

Good luck with it.

Transwarp overspeed correction. Twin hay bales. Kingpin autofix option with partial magnetic death wobble suppression thingy. Full set of chocolate sockets. Reisher’s stiffy riding shotgun. Several wee holes to let the rainwater in. Lucy in the sky with diamonds.
Last edit: 18 Apr 2016 18:45 by Germny.

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds