BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

jimny garage SUFFOLK

• George.
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 May 2015 19:18 #143840 by George.
jimny garage SUFFOLK was created by George.
Hi my jimnys got death wobble and I was wondering if there's any good garages in Suffolk that people would recommend to soughte it looking for a garage that has fixed the problem before I find its always best to get it looked at by someone who knows what there looking for with the jimny.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Riceye46
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 May 2015 21:17 #143861 by Riceye46
Replied by Riceye46 on topic jimny garage SUFFOLK
The problem you'll have with the death wobble is it can be lots of different things back of wheel faces just need a gd clean kingpin bearings worn or mite just need shimming wheels could be of blance bushes mite need changing or just tighting up a little I would try some of the easy bits yourself first I'd check its all nice and tight no grease around the swivel balls if there is that' means the kingpins bearings are gone clean the backs of the wheels and where they mount with some sand paper or a wire bush and and if it's still the same then take to a good garage but some people have never solved the problem fully and some have just by having the wheels blanced

Can't help with a good garage but thought the info mite be of some use cheers Chris

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 May 2015 22:03 #143865 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic jimny garage SUFFOLK
Check your tyre pressures

• jonesyba420
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 May 2015 17:10 #143907 by jonesyba420
Replied by jonesyba420 on topic Re:jimny garage SUFFOLK
Take it to Bugsies Autos..........main road Bucklesham Ipswich. My misses works there and has done my kingpin bearings in the past ;) very reasonably priced aswell.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds