BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

How to fit Ignis sport recaro into a Jimny

More
06 Nov 2014 19:35 #128738 by minibbb
Well I got it to tighten up so hopefully it'll hold so won't need any welding!

On another note I'm not convinced with the comfort of them! I'm 6'2, 34 inch waist so not huge but find the seat base bolster kinda digs into my bottom?! The seat base in fine condition so obvs just the shape of the seat, hoping I just need to get used to them!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Swifty
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Oct 2015 19:21 #153370 by Swifty
Replied by Swifty on topic How to fit Ignis sport recaro into a Jimny
Thread revival here!!! I'm hoping someone can help. I gave the rods to my father in law who works at an engineering company to extend 1 inch as per the very helpful write up. They have done such a good job and blended them in I can't even tell. The slight problem I have is one is 15mm longer than the other!!!! Can anyone tell me the length they were as I didn't measure them or the length they need to be. Cheers.

More
11 Oct 2015 17:03 #153404 by jackonlyjack

Swifty wrote: Thread revival here!!! I'm hoping someone can help. I gave the rods to my father in law who works at an engineering company to extend 1 inch as per the very helpful write up. They have done such a good job and blended them in I can't even tell. The slight problem I have is one is 15mm longer than the other!!!! Can anyone tell me the length they were as I didn't measure them or the length they need to be. Cheers.

I have one in the shed will measure it when I get home

Jack

• Swifty
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Oct 2015 17:36 #153409 by Swifty

jackonlyjack wrote:

Swifty wrote: Thread revival here!!! I'm hoping someone can help. I gave the rods to my father in law who works at an engineering company to extend 1 inch as per the very helpful write up. They have done such a good job and blended them in I can't even tell. The slight problem I have is one is 15mm longer than the other!!!! Can anyone tell me the length they were as I didn't measure them or the length they need to be. Cheers.

I have one in the shed will measure it when I get home

Jack

That would be awesome. Cheers.

More
11 Oct 2015 18:03 #153414 by jackonlyjack

• Swifty
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Oct 2015 18:10 #153418 by Swifty

jackonlyjack wrote: End of tab to tab 414mm
372mm tube end to end

Jack

Nice one. Is that before or after the 1" adjustment? Just checking,

More
11 Oct 2015 18:17 #153420 by jackonlyjack

• Swifty
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Oct 2015 18:20 #153421 by Swifty

jackonlyjack wrote: Standard length buddy
If you need one I'll post it
for a fiver ;)

Cheers fella, I just need to give that length to the guy that's going to put them right, ;-) much appreciated.

• Caelite
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Mar 2018 21:47 #190286 by Caelite
Replied by Caelite on topic How to fit Ignis sport recaro into a Jimny
Sorry to bump an old thread. There seems to be a lot of threads on this topic which link back to this one.

Does anyone have access to the original images? I've just picked myself up a set of Ignis Recaros (I assume £80 sets are a far gone luxury :D), wanting to get them into my truck but really could use the pictures to aid me fitting them in.

Also out of curiosity when you transplant the Ignis seats onto the Jimny rails does it maintain the seat base adjustment wheel?

• MadsV
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Mar 2018 12:16 #190312 by MadsV

Caelite wrote: Sorry to bump an old thread. There seems to be a lot of threads on this topic which link back to this one.

Does anyone have access to the original images? I've just picked myself up a set of Ignis Recaros (I assume £80 sets are a far gone luxury :D), wanting to get them into my truck but really could use the pictures to aid me fitting them in.

Also out of curiosity when you transplant the Ignis seats onto the Jimny rails does it maintain the seat base adjustment wheel?

I did this some weeks ago, there are some photos in my build thread. here is the bar in progress of extension

• MadsV
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Mar 2018 12:17 - 12 Mar 2018 12:18 #190313 by MadsV
Replied by MadsV on topic How to fit Ignis sport recaro into a Jimny
[My 01 Jimny, another Norwegian
r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=65696...589&share_type=t/URL] link, does it work?
Last edit: 12 Mar 2018 12:18 by MadsV.

• Caelite
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Mar 2018 22:26 #190422 by Caelite
Replied by Caelite on topic How to fit Ignis sport recaro into a Jimny
Currently lying on the floor about to throw in the towel. Whoever said this frankenseat was easy evidently hasn't had the problems I have, been at it 5 hours, got the passenger seat ALMOST together.

One of the back bolts has crossthreaded, I refuse to take this bolt out now as I know it won't go in again. 3 of the 4 base bolts have lined up, don't have the strength to bend the frame enough for the last one, nevermind pop the bolt in at the same time.

I would strongly recommend you secure an extra pair of hands before attempting trying to force everything into shape and bolt it together is a nightmare on your own, in fact it might have ruined one of my seat backs as I attempted to run the bolt in squint.

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds