BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Fit my own rear window?

More
22 Jun 2010 06:56 #3665 by maverick
Help - i want to fit my rear quarter-light window ..... on my Jimny ... as you know it got busted up Henryd!

So, I've pulled out the body work, and I think (IMHO) that its flat enough to fit ... myself

I've ordered the Windscreen Bonding Glue and prep-solvents (they're here) ... but i think i need a piece of rubber/seal that sits between the body and the glass?

Where the heck do i get this from - maybe the Suzukistealship, or eBay ... cant seem to know what to look for in Google?

Jalapeño, IISY?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• funkyjimny
    Registered
  • 2004 jimny soft top, factory hardtop, ARB bumper
More
22 Jun 2010 08:24 #3666 by funkyjimny
I don't think there is one on that window on the jimny Brett, I know there is on the windscreen but pretty sure its just sealant on the side windows.

Gary

More
22 Jun 2010 08:43 #3667 by maverick
Replied by maverick on topic Re:Fit my own rear window?
Cheers Gary - but on both windows (my broken one, and the replacement) there 'looked-like' some sort of rubber seal on the window, about 1cm wide and 2mmn deep ... but maybe it was just sealnat (?)

Jalapeño, IISY?

• funkyjimny
    Registered
More
22 Jun 2010 08:58 #3668 by funkyjimny
Yep, just sealant ! you need to create a v cut in the end of the nozzle so that it leaves a thick triangle of sealant on the window all round about 20mm high, pusj in place and stick down with tape, leave for 24hrs.
Loads of stuff on the web on how to fit bonded windows.
Gary

More
22 Jun 2010 11:53 #3669 by maverick
Replied by maverick on topic Re:Fit my own rear window?
Thanks - add it to the list of other jobs you are doing for me ... but only after you have cut the grass - OK?

Jalapeño, IISY?

• funkyjimny
    Registered
More
22 Jun 2010 12:22 #3670 by funkyjimny

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds