BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Calliper slide bushes.

More
20 Jun 2010 20:37 #3657 by facade
I sorted my brakes on Saturday, I'd noticed one pad seemed rather thin (should have set the alarm bells off, along with a slight brake pull) so I bought a set of pads, and set to.

The reason for the thin pad was that one of the little rubber boots was punctured, and the sliding bush was seized solid.

With the calliper removed, I eventually got the bush out, and cleaned it up, so now everything is fine, except I could do with a new bush, as the plating is gone, so it will just rust again.

Anyone got a parts book and can give me the part number please? I have to go to Suzuki for a new boot anyway, and spotted in Martins article www.bigjimny.com/index.php?option=com_co...drivechain&Itemid=37 that the part number for the boot is (55201-86040).

BTW, I did use red rubber grease when I put them back together ;)

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jun 2010 05:09 #3658 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Calliper slide bushes.
Hi,

I have a parts book but there are at least three types of caliper, do you know which one you have or could you PM me the VIN number

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds