BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Problems at >3000 RPM on motorway

• sradu
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Jun 2010 14:23 - 20 Jun 2010 07:21 #3656 by sradu
Replied by sradu on topic Re:Problems at >3000 RPM on motorway
Jimny is not going anywhere now. Tried to start it this morning and take it the garage. The engine started but it died, choking.
Manage to get somebody to look at it and read the alarm codes from the ECU. There were a few: P0108, P0104, P0102, P0101 and P0110 (in this sequence).
The mechanic was not able to start the car (the engine barely started but choked immediately), took a look at the air intake, air filter (clean) and at the sensors then concluded that I need to change the airflow meter sensor (MAF) and the mainfold (MAP) sensor.
So the car is in front of my house, not working and my only option is to buy these 2 sensors and hope this will solve the problem.
Any ideas? Should I go shopping for these? Don't want to think how much will cost... :(

Now that I've read a bit more looks like Jimnys don't have a MAF sensor, but only the MAP one?!
Last edit: 20 Jun 2010 07:21 by sradu.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sradu
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Jun 2010 11:42 #3678 by sradu
Replied by sradu on topic Re:Problems at >3000 RPM on motorway
Yap. It was the catalyst. Broken. Change it and now runs fine. For the moment at least :)

More
26 Jun 2010 18:08 #3683 by kirkynut
Glad you sorted that one!

I had refrained from answering before as diagnostics with codes and such like can be a minefield. Just because you get a code come up does not mean all your prays are answered as it might not be the obvious that caused it to come up!

The experience of experienced diagnostic technicians is valuable in such circumstances and the lack of experience of others can be costly.

I see facade came up with the right answer though earlier - well done!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds