BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Nearly stalling on idle - any tips please

• ramshackle
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Apr 2016 15:53 #165579 by ramshackle
Replied by ramshackle on topic Nearly stalling on idle - any tips please
I tipped a bottle of Millers petrol Eco max fuel cleaner in to the tank, filled up with motion lotion and the fault cleared up after about ten miles. The car also ran much better..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Apr 2016 18:40 #165592 by Busta
You joined the forum to revive a 4 year old post to promote a fuel additive that couldn't possibly clean the part that causes the (very common) idling issue?

• Syfon
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 May 2016 15:39 #166963 by Syfon
Replied by Syfon on topic Nearly stalling on idle - any tips please
Does anybody tried to clean IAC valve with some cleaner without dismantling it from throttle body? Service manual says that IAC should be cleaned only with compressed air, so I tried but it does not make any difference with idle stalling problem.

• shakennstirred
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Oct 2017 17:22 #184882 by shakennstirred
Replied by shakennstirred on topic Nearly stalling on idle - any tips please
Have this problem on my 02 jimny.
hopefully the info here will help sort it.

• Sackgirl09
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Apr 2018 19:50 #192231 by Sackgirl09
Replied by Sackgirl09 on topic Nearly stalling on idle - any tips please
Im having a similar issue - except mines idling bad but when i take off it doesnt want to accelerate (basically no go) untill the temp gauge is half way then its fine with acceleration but idle is still crummy. But im more worried on it not wanting to go - any ideas?
We cleaned the iac, carby. Also changed spark plugs, coils, leads umm there was a sensor replaced earlier as had engine light on.
Now there are no error codes as took it in for a scan.
Can anyone suggest what mine could be?

More
29 Apr 2018 21:18 #192284 by kirkynut
Check all vacuum lines. They're the small diameter pipes in the engine bay that go to the inlet manifold and the 4wd vacuum system, which is near the battery.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• Silvervixen
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Jan 2019 21:13 #200211 by Silvervixen
Replied by Silvervixen on topic Nearly stalling on idle - any tips please
I've got the same issue with an 06 Jimny. Changed crank position sensor, MAF sensor, battery, spark plugs and leads, throttle body cleaned as clogged. Also Cataclean added to fuel tank and taken for long run. No EMS lights and diagnostics not showing fault codes. Am at a loss and it's getting worse. Was intermittent, now drops revs to around 400rpm EVERY time I stop. Also hesitates on acceleration but intermittently. Starts up ok but messes around having warmed up or after stopping and cooled down for a while. HELP PLEASE!

More
08 Jan 2019 21:17 #200212 by mlines
To check for a leak, carefully spray a bit of easy start around suspected leaking pipe. If revs pick up then check for splits

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds