BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Universal Joints

• viciouspenguin
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Oct 2011 12:22 #24525 by viciouspenguin
Universal Joints was created by viciouspenguin
I need to get a part number or alternative for the 25mm uj.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Oct 2011 15:26 #24547 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re: Universal Joints
don't know the number but I think there is a Mitsubishi one thats the same

More
26 Oct 2011 15:44 - 26 Oct 2011 15:47 #24549 by Obarno
Replied by Obarno on topic Re: Universal Joints
The 25mm joint from Blueprint is part number ADK 83901 and the 23mm is ADK 93902
You can get these from Camskill, or of course you can get them from the Big Jimny Store!

Manual VVT, 2 1/2" lift, ORA castor corrected arms, 2" ORA body lift, 4:1 transfer box, Uprated front shafts & CVs ERM , ARBs back & front 3.9 diffs, 6 point cage, ORA winch bumper - Superwinch EP9, ORA rear bumper, ORA axle truses, Diff guards ERM , TBR tank guard, Snorkel, Kumho KL71.30.9.50 15
Last edit: 26 Oct 2011 15:47 by Obarno.

More
17 Jan 2019 08:22 - 17 Jan 2019 08:29 #200939 by Bosanek
Replied by Bosanek on topic Universal Joints
Does anyone know if the original Suzuki universal joint (P.N. 27200-83812) comes with a grease nipple or if it is "sealed for life"?

If it comes with a grease nipple, does the nipple attach to the core body of the joint or to the face of one of the four cups?

EDIT: I am asking this because I found a German ad where the seller was selling brand new Suzuki universal joint under this part number, and the joint came with c-clips and a grease nipple.
However, as far as I know, all factory fitted universal joints on all Jimnys ever produced were without grease nipples.

Could it be that Suzuki is alternating between greasaeble and sealed joint models under the same part number depending on the production batch (i.e. depending on who they source it from at a particular point in time)?
Last edit: 17 Jan 2019 08:29 by Bosanek.

More
17 Jan 2019 08:45 #200940 by Max Headroom
Replied by Max Headroom on topic Universal Joints
I'm almost certain the ones Martin sells in the BigJimny shop come with grease niples,
I can't however answer your question about what was original specification :(

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

More
23 Jan 2019 07:32 #201480 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Universal Joints
Just get Blueprint ones from Martin. I got them locally as I couldn't wait for postage but they're the same and have nipples.

A right bugger to change though.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
05 Jan 2021 09:00 #231512 by Bosanek
Has anyone used the "new / revised" original Suzuki universal joint part number 27200-83813?
Which markings does it have on its body and caps and does it have a grease nipple?

The part number 27200-83812 has been used by Suzuki for several decades (ever since the 1990s for some Samurais and Vitaras, and then for almost all Jimnys 3).
Now I see that P.N. 27200-83812 has been marked as "deprecated" in Suzuki part catalogues and 27200-83813 is listed as being the current "official" original unversal joint. The "old" P.N. was actually Koyo KC1518CC-1, without a grease nipple.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
05 Jan 2021 09:44 #231515 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Universal Joints
I don't know for certain but often a new parts number will be associated with a different oem supplier?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
09 Jan 2021 21:00 #231645 by Bosanek
Either that or a revised technical specification which is usually backwards compatible with the older revisions. For example they might have added a grease nipple in the new part number.

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds