BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Bolt-on Recovery Point

More
21 Feb 2010 16:02 #2394 by maverick
Martin,

There's NO WAY that 'Bolt-On Recovery Point' (BORP) is fitting my Jimny without some modding to chassis, and/or the Metal ...

Essentially it is indeed sticking/stopping fitting right in ...as the 'weld' at the bottom joint is bigger than i expected!!

I'm considering altering (aka basking the chassis) where the weld is stopping it moviong in tight - right now it's a good 1/4 inch off!

Jalapeño, IISY?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Feb 2010 16:47 - 21 Feb 2010 16:52 #2395 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Bolt-on Recovery Point
Brett,

Well it is designed to be bolt-on and is failing in that task. Therefore if you want to return it then arrange to send it back and we will sort out the refund. It looks like that between the variations in the fillet weld and possibily variations in the box section/coatings on the chassis rail that we have a tolerance problem. Given that it is designed to be a tight fit means it now doesn't seem to fit all cars. It has fitted ok onto 2 cars and a third one fitted but with tightness in the last few mm giving problems with getting the top bolts in, plus yours now doesn't fit.

If you want to send it back let me know.

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 21 Feb 2010 16:52 by mlines.

More
21 Feb 2010 19:23 #2405 by maverick
Replied by maverick on topic Re:Bolt-on Recovery Point
Martin,

I'll send it back ... but it slightly damaged at top (outer - inner is ok) where i have to lump hammer it off ...

If you email me your home address, I'll get it sent out this week.

When you get it back, look at the inside weld (lower joint) you'll hopefully understand why it dont fit ...

But, hey it made of thick stuff!!

What would be cool would be device like that, that somehow fits in the centre - therefore only needing one, and could be used anytime!

Cheers.

Jalapeño, IISY?

More
22 Feb 2010 13:03 - 22 Feb 2010 13:03 #2408 by maverick
Replied by maverick on topic Re:Bolt-on Recovery Point
Sent it back today ... saw the return address on the box it came in!

I suppose you can PayPal me?

Jalapeño, IISY?
Last edit: 22 Feb 2010 13:03 by maverick.

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds