BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Automatic Gearbox oil change

• Daytona
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Oct 2011 18:27 #23176 by Daytona
Automatic Gearbox oil change was created by Daytona
Looking to drop the oil on the auto box and reading through the manual I have it gives the capacity as 3.7L from dry but after draining only 1L to fill. Is this correct? If so there hardly seems much point in leaving nearly 75% of the old fluid in there.... Any way of dropping the rest out easily?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Oct 2011 20:50 #23181 by facade
The way to change the fluid is to drain the oil pan, and refill with fresh fluid.
Then remove the oil cooler return pipe, and direct to a container. Start engine and collect half of what you put in the oil pan, stop engine, top up again, and do this until the oil is running clean.

At half a litre a time this is going to be very boring...

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

• Spud23
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Apr 2018 18:56 #191667 by Spud23
Replied by Spud23 on topic Re: Automatic Gearbox oil change
I'm another bloke reading this thread.
Do you get the new fluid into the autobox through the dipstick tube?
Thanks,
Spud

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds