BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Max Tyres Again

More
06 Feb 2010 19:54 #2210 by MigCooper
Max Tyres Again was created by MigCooper
Hi Guys.

I was looking around the forum and found a load of stuff about tyres, but not quite what I am looking for.

What size tyres will fit a Jimny with 3'' lift without modifying the bumpers?

205/75 r15
215/75 r15
215/80 r15

I am looking to get a set of M/T tyres for my jimmy so any advice would be great.

Thanks
Regards
Miguel

3" Spring Lift + 1" Spacers / ES300 Shockers / TJM Snorkel / Extended Brake Lines / Castor Correction Bushes / Adjustable Panhard Rods / 30" Kaiman / 4.16 Redacted lobster / No Anti Roll Bar / Rock Sliders (Home made) / Diff Guards from ORA / 32mm Spacers /...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2010 20:09 #2211 by ooky_123
Replied by ooky_123 on topic Re:Max Tyres Again
I run 215rx15 witha +2£ lift and have only trimmed the lower 2" off my rear wheel arches to allow for clearance.
The wheels still contact the front bumper when fully compressed or when you hit a sudden bump, but it sounds a lot worse than it is.

With a +3", I assume your a little bit taller so you may be ok.
Im going to add a +2" body lift to move the mody away from the wheels and give the clearance I need, and then using 30mm spacers, push teh wheels out a little further to increase the track and compensate for any additional instability than may or maynot occur.

The 215rx15's are full height and you will gain extra clearance under your diffs with a chunky Mud Tyre.

Others here run 235x75x15's which give you a bigger footprint, but are not as tall.

The 215rx15;'s though are quite tall and you are on the limit of the abilities of the standard gearing. Say goodbye to using 5th Gear, and hello to having to shift a lot more.
Off road, even the Low ration may be a little too highly geared .. Were just about coping at present, but Ideally would like a lower ratio for the Low Box.

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland

More
16 Feb 2010 13:29 #2306 by MigCooper
Replied by MigCooper on topic Re:Max Tyres Again
After some research found this on the portuguese jimny clube forum ... think it mite be helpfull..
;)

3" Spring Lift + 1" Spacers / ES300 Shockers / TJM Snorkel / Extended Brake Lines / Castor Correction Bushes / Adjustable Panhard Rods / 30" Kaiman / 4.16 Redacted lobster / No Anti Roll Bar / Rock Sliders (Home made) / Diff Guards from ORA / 32mm Spacers /...
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds