BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

31" tyres rubbing - advice please

More
17 Sep 2009 16:33 #1272 by suzukisan
Hi
I've got a 99 Jimny with 2" KAP suspension lift and 1" body lift, came like this when I got it. I have a set of Insa Special Track 31 x 10.5 x 15 tyres on 7.5" wheels with 30mm spacers. On lock they are rubbing against the inside of the wheelarch - I've trimmed the wheelarches and they don't foul here, but they foul on what seems to be a weld seam inside the wheel arch. See picture attached (trimming has been tidied up!).

So:
Can I grind away at the seam - it's sort of in the middle at the back of the wheel arch, where the wheelarch joins the engine bay of that makes sense (I'm definately not a mechanic or body guy :) ).

Should I increase the body lift from 1" to 2"

Could I do the same job with spring spacers from Bits4Vits (I asked Dave at B4V but he wasn't sure).

I don't really want to spend a fortune on a 3" suspension lift if I can help it!

Thanks
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2009 11:04 #1305 by ooky_123
If you do decide to lift the body further, Ill buy the 1" body lift off you :)

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland

More
25 Sep 2009 17:26 #1318 by suzukisan
I'm gonna try fitting a spring lift first, on advice from Rob at ORA. I'll let you know how it goes

Steve

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds