BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Breathers

• WB
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Aug 2009 10:42 #1184 by WB
Breathers was created by WB
Could someone explain the location of the Transfer Case & Axle breathers, and/ or how to extend them. Is this mod only required for continuous driving in water over axle height, or for driving over axle height full stop?! How often should the axles be greased? Is it easily done? As a newbie to the Jimny, more info/ photo's on the basic stuff would be helpful. eg whats involved in a 1" - 2" body lift.

Thanks,

WB.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Aug 2009 15:31 #1186 by Jamie
Replied by Jamie on topic Re:Breathers
Axle breather's are on the top of the axles where the bulge is slightly offset to the o/s
there is a cap on which should move freely.
The transfer box is a t**t to get to it's right on the very top of the box itself again with a
cap.
There is only one grease nipple on a jimny on the front prop i re-grease about once every 6 month's.
The diff oil should be checked and replaced regularly if you are in deep water alot.

The cap's themselves work ok i ran a year with no beather extensions on and there was no water
in either diffs but for peace of mind i changed them.

If you are going to be going into deep water i suggest you do it, it's a cheap and (fairly)easy mod

Jamie

More
24 Aug 2009 20:04 #1189 by ooky_123
Replied by ooky_123 on topic Re:Breathers
Were just about to put some extended breathers on our Jimny ready for the winter mud.
To date, weve been lucky, weve done some seriously deep dirty water and been stuck in some really sticky mud.

Were looking at some heavy duty nylon pipes ... but for now, are going to try out a few lengths of Hose Pipe, and tap them into the airbox rather than run up the inside of the snorkel.

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds