BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

1" Spring Spacers

More
18 Aug 2009 08:19 #1150 by ooky_123
1" Spring Spacers was created by ooky_123
I see these being offered in the shop, and im sure Martin wouldnt sell "snake oil" or other such useless items ....

Has anyone run with these sucessfully ? We have 2" lift, and im thinking a set of 1" spring spacers may be suitable alternative than going for 3" of lift....

Jason

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Aug 2009 09:16 #1151 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:1" Spring Spacers
I use a single one myself, to correct the Jimny lean.

I chatted to Dave from Bits4Vits about these when I put them in the shop. Spring spacers increase the overall spring height but do not alter the length of the spring. This means that you are still trying to achieve the same spring action within the same spring size, the extension itself is "dead". Therefore there is a point where it really doesn't work properly, otherwise car manufacturers would fit the shortest springs possible and simply space them to make them "longer". This is why they are limited to 1" to 1.5" lift, any more than this and the spring not longer does its job properly, other sites sell longer spring spacers.They are suitable for a small lift or "perk" to just get a small amount of extra space under the wheel arches.

I assume that you already have longer springs and shocks with your 2" lift, therefore they should give it an extra perk to 3", your other alternative would be to go for a body lift.

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
28 Aug 2009 06:26 #1201 by ooky_123
Replied by ooky_123 on topic Re:1" Spring Spacers
Cheers for that Martin.

Yes, that extra 1" of clearance is ideally what we want as opposed to the extra 1" of spring travel ... I know what you mean.

The Body Lift is the obvious choice, but I need to get a 2" kit and have someone with a lathe turn it down to a 1 - 1.5" lift

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds