BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

shocks (please help)

More
13 Aug 2009 18:23 #1127 by stulad
shocks (please help) was created by stulad
hi my jimny is due 4 nw shocks she is only standerd at the moment and i was goin to gt some longer shocks could i still use longer shocks on standerd springs. and then gt sum spacers in the future.tight budget and the MOT is due this month.cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Aug 2009 06:42 #1129 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re:shocks (please help)
Not really as it is the shocks that determine how low the axle drops. Longer shocks mean the axle will drop lower than the length of the spring and the spring will fall out, which will not please the MOT man.

If you were to go the spring spacer route I would get them and the shocks at the same time and in your situation, before the MOT. Martin can sell you the right shocks from the shop on this site and Dave at Bits4Vits can sell you the spacers.

Hope this helps.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
14 Aug 2009 16:44 #1137 by stulad
Replied by stulad on topic Re:shocks (please help)
hi thank you that as helped.i was going to buy some e3000 shocks of th website but wn i came on to day they where nt there no more could you help me with tht.i went on the difflock website bt i dnt no wt size to gt.
thank you

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds