BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Recommended Basic Tool Kit to Carry

More
More
30 Nov 2019 14:30 #216086 by kirkynut
Mine is much older but is closer to the too one.

I'd not worry too much about allen keys in it as a better set would be much more useful and they're cheap on Amazon etc.

Just do as I have and have a small seperate tool box with a anything else you need in.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2019 22:27 #216099 by Foxtrot
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationI have an old MGB, I carry the most common tools that I use for the car,. Just like the Jimny the MG has limited space and I will never be able to carry all the tools for every eventually, however I use one of these tool rolls which disciplines me to just carry the essentials.

More
01 Dec 2019 00:29 #216100 by yakuza
I think it is not as important what you brought, it is more important what you did not bring.
Murphy's law dictates that whenever something bresks, you will need whatever tools and spares you left at home.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
01 Dec 2019 00:32 #216101 by RainerK
The Halfords look nice with a lot of different sizes. I would recommend them for home. If you use them to carry there are a lot of tools missing, e.g., hammer etc.

Regarding the canvas This may not so practical if you are in the dirt somewhere.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
01 Dec 2019 06:32 #216102 by Lambert
I carry enough tools to change a wheel and a green flag card. If not then you'll start to get mission creep and before you know it you're not going to be able to fit a take away in the car for all the what if tools.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
01 Dec 2019 07:19 #216106 by Scimike
I have ODB reader and recovery membership card, plus my phone. That's all folks.
Breakdowns in the past (other vehicles I have owned) have all been beyond a roadside repair, so I now try to roll into a pub and phone a very nice man, they can have a go at fixing while I have a coffee / beer depending upon severity of fault.
Works for me.
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
01 Dec 2019 08:02 #216109 by kirkynut
I carry lots of tools as the RAC/AA etc won't recover you from a green lane and I've been out to get friends cars going again or to drag them home.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
01 Dec 2019 09:34 #216111 by Lambert
That's different, if someone gets into difficulty and rings up for my help then I can bring all sorts. Alternatively if I know I am going remote for the day again I will have all sorts with me but under normal circumstances less is definitely more.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
01 Dec 2019 09:39 #216112 by Foxtrot

kirkynut wrote: I carry lots of tools as the RAC/AA etc won't recover you from a green lane and I've been out to get friends cars going again or to drag them home.
Kirkynut

My mate had the same problem, he broke down whilst off roading at Cown quarry. His mate dragged him to the main road and then they called out the recovery service. When they turned up and saw the car covered in mud he refused to help him as he said he had been off roading which invalidated his breakdown cover.

More
  • Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
03 Dec 2019 16:46 #216209 by Riccy

Bosanek wrote: www.bigjimny.com/mediawiki/index.php?tit..._to_carry_in_a_Jimny

If you think my list is mad you should check out Bosanek's above. I particularly like the 'sawn off shotgun' in the list :laugh:

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds