BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

jimney 2017 boging down when blipping throttle

• barnsley john
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Oct 2019 19:43 #215089 by barnsley john
jimney 2017 boging down when blipping throttle was created by barnsley john
if you just tickle the throttle or a slight blip on tickover the engine bogs down or sometimes stalles
car runs perfect apart from that 9000 on clock any help i have had a good look round engine twiddled every thing but cant see anything thanks john

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
24 Oct 2019 04:21 #215097 by Lambert
This isn't a guaranteed solution but if it is or has been doing a lot of very short trips especially with cheap supermarket fuel there's a possibility that it has started to build a layer of varnish inside the intake tract. This could respond to a hard thrash down the motorway on some nice clean reputable fuel aka an Italian tune up. Alternatively you can pay to have it terracleaned other similar services are available. The other option is that you have a fault with the electrical system but that is potentially going to be a pig to find if it's not leaving a code. Good luck.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
24 Oct 2019 06:52 #215102 by Scimike
It's possible (amongst other things) that the IAC valve is dirty or sticking. Not removed one for cleaning myself from the Jimny, but it's a common problem (in the world of cars). The Italian tune up ^^^^ can work well on a short run vehicle, so worth a try (and more fun) than cleaning the IAC. After these it's gets harder to find the issue.
Goog luck.
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
The following user(s) said Thank You: barnsley john

More
25 Oct 2019 10:01 #215138 by kirkynut
The lack of use and symptoms lead me to think of the Idle Control Valve sticking.

Do you use it seldomly also?

If you do use it seldomly, try using it a little more often.

Note the comment about using good quality fuel from one of the big manufacturers rather than supermarkets. Yes the raw petrol comes from the same refinery before the neigh sayers start, but the additives are important and the big manufacturers have good quality ones.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds