BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Now this is annoying!

More
14 Sep 2019 08:51 - 14 Sep 2019 08:53 #213505 by facade
Now this is annoying! was created by facade
Apart from the obvious- what is a "tire"?

Of course the pressures will be down, they were 26 when it was 30 degrees so at 11 degrees they will be 284/303*26=24.4 but what is wrong with the front left? It was exactly the same an hour ago when they all said 23, but the front left was flashing. :evil:
This had better go away if I get the pumper out....

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Sep 2019 08:53 by facade.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
14 Sep 2019 09:22 #213506 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Now this is annoying!
Oh dear. It's so you can't sue Suzuki because the car veered into a bus stop full of grannies because one of the tyres sorry tires was soft!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
14 Sep 2019 09:31 #213507 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Now this is annoying!
I have chased this with Suzuki and the technical feedback is that it is not configurable from any menu, it is what it is. It has been lodged with them as being a problem on vehicles such as Jimny where "lowering the pressures" is a standard off-road, snow, sand driving technique.

I have spoken to the garage supplying our Gen4. They say it is a total pain in the *rse and at this time of year with the temperature dropping they get 15 vehicles in per week with the issue (the average Suzuki Celery/Swift customer cannot top up their tyres!) and it keeps their work experience teenager busy. It should have a wider leeway. They used to have a dealer only adjustable parameter on Renaults for this very reason.

They have been looking into it and noticed on a Swift that the new update of diagnostic reader software from Suzuki has displayed a whole series of new parameters they have not seen before. They are going to plug the unit into our Gen4 this week and take a look at the deep parameters that have been enabled.

The dealer also said a simple way to get the light to clear on topping up the tyre is to have the engine running whilst inflating the tyre.

I spoke to the MOT tester as well. TPMS light on is not a fail, the failure is where it is flashing that there is a fault with the TPMS system, a low pressure tyre is not a fault. So it could be left.

Where people may have separate summer/winter wheels, fit "cloning" TMPS sensors to the spare wheel set, the car will not know the wheels have been changed.

I will update if anything comes from having my Gen4 read.

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gadget

More
14 Sep 2019 10:33 - 14 Sep 2019 11:06 #213508 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Now this is annoying!
I suspect the front left was minutely below the others*, and the threshold is 23 (I am on the "comfort" setting for TPMS) so the front left triggered the alarm. When the tyres warmed up a bit, it didn't go off, as you have to drive for 10 minutes according to the handbook, and it is less than that back from Tescos.

The TPMS is supposed to warn of "significant" deflation- 3psi is 10% I suppose, but I'd set the alarm at 20 .....

Just hope it goes out on the way to work Monday.

* the front left would have been in full sun last time I checked them, so it would have been warmer than the others.

EDIT: Just got around to checking them, and now the sun is out again, it reads 27psi :evil:

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)
Last edit: 14 Sep 2019 11:06 by facade.

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds