BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Does anyone know of any gen 4 winch bumpers or recovery points?

More
02 Sep 2019 11:57 #212979 by amtech1
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationHi just trying to find if possible a winch bumper/ recovery points bumper for my gen 4 prefer not to have a winch at this current time because the vehicle is under warranty still. I have found this but not sure on the design around the corners as they don’t follow the shape of the over fenders.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Sep 2019 12:27 #212981 by Gadget
Attachments:

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Sep 2019 12:32 #212982 by Daniel30
Not saying these don't look good, but a bolt on recovery strap might be of some use to the people who don't want something so aggressive and a bit better than the tie down loop ? Maybe?

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Sep 2019 16:45 #212992 by Andy2640
Think im ordering this next week. Has x2 - 3.5 ton tow hooks.

4x4direct.co.za/suzuki/9374-front-bumper-new-2019-jimny.html

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Sep 2019 17:17 #212997 by Daniel30
You might have to check it's leagal for UK roads and if your insurance will cover it

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Sep 2019 17:21 #212998 by Andy2640

Daniel30 wrote: You might have to check it's leagal for UK roads and if your insurance will cover it

Ohh. Where would one find out if its legal?

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
02 Sep 2019 17:35 #213001 by Riccy
I suspect Daniel is correct. I recall something about 2007~ on regarding steel bumpers.

There may be a get out clause if it includes a winch (as that makes it a mounting point for said winch) :whistle:

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
02 Sep 2019 17:43 #213004 by Riccy
Real question is... Do you really need that heavy lump of steel stuck to the car for 99% of what it drives? That bumper has to weigh 40kg+, never mind the winch :laugh:

Oh... and... I suspect that the 3.5 ton refers to the shackles themselves, rather than the actual mounts. Be worth emailing for further info on that before trying it out. Ive used Ulysses to pull out some bigger cars recently and its put stress on the car I didnt like, wont be doing again (much!). The heavyweight stuff sounds good, but isnt always the best answer. Lightness is the Jimnys forte...

If you can wait, I suspect the Jimnybits version will be a better product, keep the sweet looks and work better/weigh less.

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Sep 2019 17:50 #213005 by Andy2640

Riccy wrote: Real question is... Do you really need that heavy lump of steel stuck to the car for 99% of what it drives? That bumper has to weigh 40kg+, never mind the winch :laugh:

Oh... and... I suspect that the 3.5 ton refers to the shackles themselves, rather than the actual mounts. Be worth emailing for further info on that before trying it out. Ive used Ulysses to pull out some bigger cars recently and its put stress on the car I didnt like, wont be doing again (much!). The heavyweight stuff sounds good, but isnt always the best answer. Lightness is the Jimnys forte...

If you can wait, I suspect the Jimnybits version will be a better product, keep the sweet looks and work better/weigh less.

Yeah.... good points. It isnt a winch bumper though, it doesnt allow for a winch fitment. I just like the look of it.

Any idea when jimny bits bumper coomes out?

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Sep 2019 18:08 #213009 by Daniel30
Google will give you most the answers and obviously the seller, but mainly due to the fact it is made of metal and would cause more injury to a pedestrian :S debatable I know, but just thought I'd mention it for people to be aware that a lot of the mods are for off road only but some sellers don't mention it.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
02 Sep 2019 18:31 #213014 by Lambert
As mentioned above by Riccy if it won't carry a winch then it is classed as a frontal protection system like a bull bar and is a no go. If it can carry a winch then it is an equipment mount and acceptable.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gadget, Andy2640

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Sep 2019 18:46 #213015 by Andy2640

Lambert wrote: As mentioned above by Riccy if it won't carry a winch then it is classed as a frontal protection system like a bull bar and is a no go. If it can carry a winch then it is an equipment mount and acceptable.

Where do these things stand then?

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds