BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:Re:Just ordered

• DougL
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Aug 2019 07:51 #212640 by DougL
Just ordered was created by DougL
Drive a Volkswagen up! GTI and love it. Decided last week to brave the year waiting list and go into the dealer and order a Jimny. I know the dealer well as it is owned by a friend of mine's father and I said to the sales manager:

"How long is the waiting list for the Jimny?" expecting a long wait. I got the response "We have a yellow one due (in port?) on the 3rd October, which isn't allocated. We just need to check that neither of our customers on the waiting list want the yellow instead of the blue that they are waiting for..."

A couple of days later, I got the call to say that the car was mine! Did a couple of test drives and the first one impressed. The second one I was smitten. Reminded me a bit of a Jeep Wrangler that I had in 2003...

Anyway I plan to upgrade all the speakers. Was also considering the rear view camera, but not sure it's really needed, though I do like the parking sensors on my up!

Is it easy to remove the trim around the touchscreen? I really hate piano black plastic and I wanted to paint it with plastidip for a rubberised finish!

And how do I track the ships progress - is the car likely to be en route already?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Aug 2019 08:47 #212647 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Just ordered
Hi Doug,

Youve dropped on lucky there bud, congrats.

Makes me wonder how in damand this car really is? I would if thought a yellow jim would be highly sought after by other people on that list...weird. But hay... good news for you so all good.

Not sure about ship tracking, someone else will tell ya that im sure.

Speakers have been fitted by loads of gen 4 owners now, best to take a look at the gen 4 wiki page on here. Its an easy DIY half a day job.

They do a facia panel for the gen 4, bu it is pricey, but does look cool. Im not a fan of the glossy black facia either.

Anyways welcome to the club lol, and congrats.

Andy.

More
25 Aug 2019 09:58 #212650 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Just ordered
Ask the dealer the name of the ship which is on the computer next to "your car" entry.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
25 Aug 2019 10:19 - 25 Aug 2019 10:23 #212651 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Just ordered
Here was ours for example

Martin

235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Aug 2019 10:23 by mlines.

• CC Baxter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Aug 2019 14:00 #212655 by CC Baxter
Replied by CC Baxter on topic Re:Just ordered
Martin,
I tracked your ship into Tyneside (never even considered tracking a ship before).
So where is your car?
Chris

More
25 Aug 2019 14:33 #212656 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Just ordered
Chris,

We believe the Jimny got off the boat in Rotterdam as the Suzuki import facility is in KillingHolme near Hull/Grimsby. When it docked in Rotterdam the boat next to it was a Ro-Ro car transporter called Pauline who's destination two days later was KillingHolme. We think it transferred. Apparently the Suzuki system is slow to update so we think the next update will be the dealer saying it's outside on the transporter. Previous people have seen them wait a couple of weeks in the import dock, but they like to move them out as they are charged storage for every day they are there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

The following user(s) said Thank You: CC Baxter

• CC Baxter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Aug 2019 15:49 #212659 by CC Baxter
Replied by CC Baxter on topic Just ordered
Thanks Martin,
The whole process is foreign to me, anything I've ever ordered I have relied on the dealer to keep me informed (or not). I hope you enjoy your new Jimny and I understand you were concerned about colour, I wouldn't be as they're all good.
Chris

• DougL
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Aug 2019 19:04 #212668 by DougL
Replied by DougL on topic Just ordered
Thanks for your help guys!

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds