BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Consumer Union magazine 1988 Samurai SJ413 stability test rigged to tip

More
25 Jul 2019 17:04 #211463 by Foxtrot
I think most of us are aware of the Samurai SJ413 stability test in America by the Consumer Union magazine which caused sales to drop and ultimately Suzuki pulling out of America altogether.

These videos show that the SJ413 actually pasted the test with flying colours, the CU magazine rigged the tests so that the SJ tipped.

Bear with the first video it has no sound for a few seconds at the beginning.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• CC Baxter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Jul 2019 18:58 #211465 by CC Baxter
I had a SJ410 in the early eighties. It didn't handle like a sports car! I do remember it was a lot of fun. Left hand drive from Belgium (no official UK imports then).
Chris

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Jul 2019 20:27 #211471 by Andy2640
Yes i looked into this not long ago. Total hatchet job on suzuki, and totally malicious.

True 4x4 enthusiasts in the US know the score though, and overwhelmingly they love the suzuki brand and the sheer amount of love for the new gen 4 on every jimny video is staggering.

This was a sad period in history.

More
25 Jul 2019 20:44 #211474 by Foxtrot

Andy2640 wrote: Yes i looked into this not long ago. Total hatchet job on suzuki, and totally malicious.
True 4x4 enthusiasts in the US know the score though, and overwhelmingly they love the suzuki brand and the sheer amount of love for the new gen 4 on every jimny video is staggering.
This was a sad period in history.

Your right Andy, It was all back in the 80's when Japanese cars were starting to take a large portion of the American home market. It looks like a stich up to try and kill them off.

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds