BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Front issues

• Ijmclees
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Jul 2019 08:37 #211224 by Ijmclees
Front issues was created by Ijmclees
My Jimny passed the MOT yesterday but the mechanic said I should get rid of it as it had problems with front end metal pipes etc and the engine rattled a bit , only done 3000 miles in a year , any ideas please

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2019 08:52 #211225 by jackonlyjack
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic Front issues
Front end metal pipes are for the vacuum hubs.
Engine rattle could be anything. Replacement second hand engines are not to expensive
If it has good body work and no rust issues keep it ;)

• Ijmclees
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Jul 2019 10:34 #211230 by Ijmclees
Replied by Ijmclees on topic Front issues
Thanks for that ,are the vacuum pipes much of a job , he seems to think it was , would not like to lose the old girl.

More
18 Jul 2019 16:51 #211249 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Front issues
If your 4x4 system is working then swapping the pipes is not a big job in my opinion, but this does assume your are ok with services and kingpin bearings etc.

You have some options:-

1) Purchase a set of Suzuk pipes and fit them, cost about £170 and an hour or two to fit.
2)Use flexible vacuum pipe to replace all the metal pipes, a lot cheaper in cost but you are going to have to cut / cable tie in place. May take a little longer to do.
3) Bin the lot and fit manual hubs, about £160 in parts and a few hours to fit.
4) Do nothing. It's still working and not an MOT fail, wait until it stops working and pick from 1 to 3.

When mine fail I will go for option 5) - Make my own metal pipes out of brake pipe. Cheap but a lot of messing around, but then I have plenty of time. I also like my switch operated system so plan to keep it working"as is" rather than go for the popular manual hubs.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
18 Jul 2019 22:18 #211269 by jackonlyjack

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds