BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration
× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Anyone running on bike carbs

More
03 Jun 2019 16:23 #209543 by jackonlyjack
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationAnyone running on bike carbs was created by jackonlyjack
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
03 Jun 2019 17:38 #209546 by Riccy
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by Riccy on topic Anyone running on bike carbs
:ohmy: Interesting. Sniper or Keithy is your source of knowledge for these things I suspect.

Maybe that the ECU is the hardest part from looking at it on their ebay listing.

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

More
03 Jun 2019 18:12 #209548 by jackonlyjack
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by jackonlyjack on topic Anyone running on bike carbs
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationAlso found this which would be an easier option maybe

More
03 Jun 2019 18:16 #209549 by Keithy
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by Keithy on topic Anyone running on bike carbs
I don't think the ECU would be a problem....just let it do the ignition and it'll blissfully think it's injecting fuel.

Might be a problem making the whole affair watertight?

I bought an inlet flange for the G13 from him a few years back.......he's a petrolhead......and we know they can be crazy....

Buy a set of carbs Jack......want me to save you an inlet flange?

More
03 Jun 2019 18:19 #209550 by Keithy
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by Keithy on topic Anyone running on bike carbs
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

jackonlyjack wrote: Also found this which would be an easier option maybe

I thought I was the mad one....60mm will do me with a supercharger and a turbo :D

More
03 Jun 2019 18:25 #209553 by jackonlyjack
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by jackonlyjack on topic Anyone running on bike carbs
Will the G flange fit an M

More
03 Jun 2019 18:31 #209555 by Keithy

jackonlyjack wrote: Will the G flange fit an M

No......I have a couple of manifolds in the scrap pile......chop and weld....M13 manifold?

More
03 Jun 2019 18:39 #209557 by jackonlyjack
Let me get this wedding malarkey over and done
And i will pop upt north to talk will possibly bring Sniper with me
He likes performance stuff ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Keithy, sniper

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Jun 2019 19:57 #209564 by Daniel30
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by Daniel30 on topic Anyone running on bike carbs
Get it done before jackonlyjack there will be no chance afterwards :evil: :whistle: :lol:

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
04 Jun 2019 16:38 #209600 by Riccy
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by Riccy on topic Anyone running on bike carbs
I made a simple CAD drawing of the Jimny standard throttle body and sent to someone from this forum who was going to make an adapter to use the rav4 throttle body a while ago.

It shows the exact spacing and size of the jimny inlet manifold which might be useful...

Its a PDF file (attached), but I dont know if the forum supports it...

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
Attachments:

More
04 Jun 2019 17:54 #209607 by Keithy
Here's the manifold drawing....provided by Jenvey.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

No pillar drill Richard?
Attachments:

More
04 Jun 2019 18:33 #209608 by Quasi
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by Quasi on topic Anyone running on bike carbs

Riccy wrote: I made a simple CAD drawing of the Jimny standard throttle body and sent to someone from this forum who was going to make an adapter to use the rav4 throttle body a while ago.

:blush: Sorry Riccy, that someone was me :blush:
The ally plate is all set up ready to finish off but each time I try and get near the mill something else crops up. I'll try and get my butt in gear and finish it this weekend.

Time to create page: 0.245 seconds