BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Stone Chips and T-cut?

More
26 May 2019 00:27 #208953 by Max Headroom
I'll second 303 Aerospace - gives good UV protection that stuff

Meg's Ultimate black is interesting - unlike the usual products that come out of the bottle black, this is clear(ish). It's damned good though, and what I've started using lately

If the black plastics have gone very whitish try a product called "Forever Black" its messy stuff but it has very, very good staying power. Use Frog-tape or a good quality masking tape if the panels being treated cannot be removed, and some disposable gloves

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnjohanaphy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 May 2019 03:31 #208955 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Re:Stone Chips and T-cut?

Max Headroom wrote: I'll second 303 Aerospace - gives good UV protection that stuff

Meg's Ultimate black is interesting - unlike the usual products that come out of the bottle black, this is clear(ish). It's damned good though, and what I've started using lately

If the black plastics have gone very whitish try a product called "Forever Black" its messy stuff but it has very, very good staying power. Use Frog-tape or a good quality masking tape if the panels being treated cannot be removed, and some disposable gloves

Good stuff.

Ive noticed the black trim on the outside scratches quite easily. I inspect my bodywork and trim every Saturday after cleaning, and have noticed a few light (but visible) scuffs. Particularly vulnerable in the one below the drivers door, where occasionally my hoofs catch the trim. I'm trying to avoid using blacking products until they get a lot worst. Also i have to say that the interior plastics get scuffed easily too. So far nothing to notice, but i can see a few lines where my work bag has skimmed the plastics.

Some great advice and products here, going to defo use the boat stuff on my window rubbers etc.

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 May 2019 04:34 #208962 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Stone Chips and T-cut?

GeorgeC wrote: I tried to post the link to the 303 home site, it won't load down here.
A local retail shop: www.bcf.com.au/p/303-marine-aerospace-pr...nt-296ml/366998.html
Check which product suits your requirements, the one I looked at (above) was a matt finish. I prefer a Semi-gloss finish.
Thanks to Martin for the information and experience.

Edit: On painting Grills, too may ducks to line up for me!

Which part of Aus you in George?

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds