BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

BigJimny Meet 2019 Details

More
16 May 2019 11:16 - 22 May 2019 15:28 #208107 by mlines
This is a locked topic for me (Martin) to publish the event details and update with information.
KEEP CHECKING HERE AS I WILL BE UPDATING THIS SINGLE POST.

For general discussion on the topic - see here www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/13-loca...eet-2019-discussion#

DATE
20TH OCTOBER 2019

£20 per vehicle

The location is Harbour Hill which is a small site near Aldermaston, Berkshire. This has been chosen as it is close to me so is easier to arrange as I have not done one of these for a long time. Those of you thinking of travelling a very long distance should note that it is not an extensive site. It has trails for beginners through to extreme modified vehicles and should make a pleasant meet-up, particularly for those with more standard vehicles.

ACTIVITY

The day will be a social meet-up combined with an off-road drive around. The site has marked White/Red/Black routes with the White routes suitable for beginners in standard vehicles. The Red and Black are more severe, with Black requiring a rollcage as mandatory.

BOOKING
NOW BOOKING - CLICK HERE

VEHICLES

The event is open to all Suzuki Jimnys, from Generation 1 to Generation 4 (in UK terms - LJ, SJ, Jimny and Jimny 2019). There will be a visual vehicle check on arrival to ensure that all loose items are secured and that any passengers have appropriate seatbelts. For vehicles that have been trailered additional checks will be made for security of items such as the battery and fuel tank. Attached at the bottom of this post will be a more complete guide. It should be noted that, whilst the site permits "any vehicle", my event insurance requires compliance with a risk assessment that may mean some "scrappers" may not be allowed.

HOTELS

CAMPING/CARAVANS

I have not stayed at any of these sites.

ALTERNATIVE ACTIVITIES

Those wanting to make a weekend of it might like to consider:
  • Salisbury Plain Green Laning
  • Salisbury Cathedral, Spire and Clock (worth travelling from Russia for!)

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 22 May 2019 15:28 by mlines. Reason: Added in caravans
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds