BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Gen 4 Off road in the lakes

• AlexK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 May 2019 11:38 #207866 by AlexK
Replied by AlexK on topic Gen 4 Off road in the lakes
I have 215 BFG MTs on mine. I wouldn't want to go any bigger without re-gearing, personally.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 May 2019 13:03 #207869 by ahtr
Replied by ahtr on topic Gen 4 Off road in the lakes
Great day out, was good to see the new Jimny tackle some of the more challenging lanes after it breezed up Gatescarth.

Some great pictures Riccy, thanks for uploading.

From a short drive of the gen4 on the day I'd agree with sniper, 215/75 would be ok but I wouldn't want to run any larger on the standard t-case. The hill descent control and traction aids worked very well. Some radius mount guards, a small lift and a decent set of 215/75 tyres and you'd have a very capable car.

My green laner build
2003 Jimny - M16 engine - 4.16 TC - Winch - Snorkel - 30x9.5 Maxxis MT-764 tyres on 15x7 ET-7 offset wheels - 4" lift - Rear floating axles and discs

More
13 May 2019 17:20 #207882 by Rabid Rhino
Interesting to see how the different setup handled the same sections of terrain, from the same angle.
Nicely done !!!

Looking for a nice clean and straight LHD Jimny..... Not any more.
Got one that seems to have been magnatized and driven through the "Big Jimny Bits" parts stores too quickly so it missed a few items.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
13 May 2019 17:50 - 13 May 2019 17:52 #207889 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Gen 4 Off road in the lakes

Gatesgarth to follow shortly... This one is more representative as im following the new car here. New car comes up around 3:10 into the video, the start is just for the views B)

Oh, and remember this is a dead end. That car drove all the way up there as well as down it ;-)

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
Last edit: 13 May 2019 17:52 by Riccy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stiffsteve204me

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
13 May 2019 18:35 #207897 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Gen 4 Off road in the lakes
and here are the gatesgarth pass links. Its over an hour long altogether, so feel free to skip thorough...

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert, jackonlyjack, JYM, sniper

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds