BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

GEN4 MPG

More
15 May 2019 15:04 #208037 by stiffsteve204me
Replied by stiffsteve204me on topic GEN4 MPG
Still doing OK.

File Attachment:

Heading home tomorrow, so another 250'ish miles will go on.
Overall, it is driving nicely, and the engine is very willing to rev, but i am still being light of foot. :laugh:

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 May 2019 15:17 #208039 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic GEN4 MPG

stiffsteve204me wrote: Still doing OK.

Overall, it is driving nicely, and the engine is very willing to rev, but i am still being light of foot. :laugh:

Nice going steve

I wanted to run a few things past you for comment get your thoughts etc....

Firstly there is this lol

Then, yesterday i had a chicken ir a turkey run out in front of me down a coyntry lane doing 50mph. I was terrified that the auto braking would engage, instead i got a warning beep. It was scary cus i thoyght it was gonna break on me, when i had a mini van right behind me. So this got me worried, what if say a black carrier bag, or a rabbit, or sime orher soft non dangerous item was in the road. Scary thought! Might have to do some tests on the local industrial estate.

Steve.

Attachments:

More
15 May 2019 15:52 - 15 May 2019 15:54 #208041 by stiffsteve204me

Andy2640 wrote:

stiffsteve204me wrote: Still doing OK.

Nice going steve

I wanted to run a few things past you for comment get your thoughts etc....

Firstly there is this lol

Then, yesterday i had a chicken ir a turkey run out in front of me down a coyntry lane doing 50mph. I was terrified that the auto braking would engage, instead i got a warning beep. It was scary cus i thoyght it was gonna break on me, when i had a mini van right behind me. So this got me worried, what if say a black carrier bag, or a rabbit, or sime orher soft non dangerous item was in the road. Scary thought! Might have to do some tests on the local industrial estate.

Steve.

OK, Andy. Let's take this in order of priority.

1) DO NOT DRINK DURING THE DAY! :lol:
2) Neither chickens, nor turkeys, can run at 50 mph.
3) It was more likely a Pheasant, and walking. :laugh:
4) I have no idea how sensitive the collision avoidance system is. I can imagine that it could be a PIA at certain times. Is it possible to turn it off?
5) 130 kph is about 80 mph, so foot to the floor. ;) :laugh: ;)

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.
Last edit: 15 May 2019 15:54 by stiffsteve204me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy2640

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 May 2019 16:01 #208043 by Andy2640
Pmsl.... hahahahaaa!! :-)

No drinking in the day........ got ya! As for the 50mph chicken, or turkey or mirage, he was scary, regardless of speed ;-)
I dunny like the thought of a machine breaking for me, scares the bejeesus outta me. Can you imagine a cutsey likkle rabbit poppin out the hendge at 5mph!! or a perceived 50mph on the sauce!!, then he turns, staring at that big black grill, or graphite silver in my case ;-) and then just as you think his head is gonna explode, instead the brakes come on from mr computer, and screech.....BAM!!! , as we're rear ended and....... YOUR head has exploded (or partly).???

Machines are taking over Steve, and I do not like it one bit mate :woohoo: :woohoo: :silly: :laugh: :blink:

Another shot i think (Gulp)!!!

• AlexK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 May 2019 16:08 #208046 by AlexK
Replied by AlexK on topic GEN4 MPG
I've had five cars slam the brakes on for no reason whatsoever. One did it in the middle of Weybridge and nearly caused a pile-up. Doesn't take too much of that before you get in the habit of turning all that crap off whenever you get in a car.

Lane Departure Warning has been off in my Jimny since I drove off the forecourt. I've just turned off traffic sign recognition because it's too annoying for words. I'm in two minds about finding an OBD device to automatically turn off the collision mitigation system on every start-up because it could be argued it invalidates your insurance.

But in a vague attempt at getting back on topic, with BFG MTs my average has dropped to just over 37 mpg.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 May 2019 17:24 #208053 by Andy2640

AlexK wrote: I've had five cars slam the brakes on for no reason whatsoever. One did it in the middle of Weybridge and nearly caused a pile-up. Doesn't take too much of that before you get in the habit of turning all that crap off whenever you get in a car.

Lane Departure Warning has been off in my Jimny since I drove off the forecourt. I've just turned off traffic sign recognition because it's too annoying for words. I'm in two minds about finding an OBD device to automatically turn off the collision mitigation system on every start-up because it could be argued it invalidates your insurance.

But in a vague attempt at getting back on topic, with BFG MTs my average has dropped to just over 37 mpg.

Now im terrified, thanks Alex :-) Anyways....yes back on topic.....

More
16 May 2019 18:32 #208140 by stiffsteve204me
Back on topic. :)

Arrived home this evening, having covered 1720 miles, since leaving home on 28 th. April, and the Yellow Peril now has 1786 miles on the clock.

File Attachment:

I am more than happy with the fuel consumption.

Steve.

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds