BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Gen 5 Jimny - 2020

• Dorsetdumpling
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Apr 2019 08:18 #206259 by Dorsetdumpling
Replied by Dorsetdumpling on topic Gen 5 Jimny - 2020
...aand looking for, sorry, on, the bright side..those Gen4s that actually made it to the UK could be destined to be collectors’ items!

I’m going to stop driving mine and put it back into the original packaging.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Apr 2019 09:08 #206265 by Bill Portland
Replied by Bill Portland on topic Gen 5 Jimny - 2020

mlines wrote: Rumour for discussion, enjoy your Gen 4 whilst it lasts

Picture by By Mariordo - Mario Roberto Durán Ortiz - Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0,

That looks a bit Juke 'ish to me

• JimJimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Apr 2019 09:43 #206268 by JimJimny
Replied by JimJimny on topic Gen 5 Jimny - 2020

Dorsetdumpling wrote: ..those Gen4s that actually made it to the UK could be destined to be collectors’ items!

...I’m going to stop driving mine and put it back into the original packaging.

They certainly could be rarer than hen's teeth! ....hopefully not destined to be just museum pieces tho' :unsure:

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Apr 2019 15:59 #206291 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Gen 5 Jimny - 2020
That's horrible!

• Guy 2
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Apr 2019 16:08 #206292 by Guy 2
Replied by Guy 2 on topic Gen 5 Jimny - 2020
My sincere apologies. It was in bad taste, and I had no intention of causing offence.

• Caelite
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Apr 2019 17:58 #206300 by Caelite
Replied by Caelite on topic Gen 5 Jimny - 2020
Surely a RAV4 based replacement would be for the Vitara? As both cars share the same market segment I could see them platform sharing.

I can't see a RAV4 based car coming to replace the Jimny, particularly right after a fresh model release, and also with the success/demand Suzuki have had globally for their new car.

I imagine at worst they may attempt to launch a new Jimny with a hybrid driveline, or with one of those NDEC friendly undersized turbo motor. But generally I can't see the current model Jimny changing for a while.

More
21 Apr 2019 09:27 - 21 Apr 2019 09:46 #206447 by Rabid Rhino
Replied by Rabid Rhino on topic Gen 5 Jimny - 2020
Cyber: with Suzuki having pulled out of the US I'm hopefull that some platform sharing may mean Toyota's larger base could bring the Jimny to these shores. The Samurai was quite popular in the US and the new Jimny's global popularity is surely too good an opportunity to miss out on making some money in such a huge market like the US.... Well that's what I'd be looking at if I was head of Toyota USA. It could be a mini FJ.
Maybe Scion could sell it in their quirky cult line for younger drivers.

Foxtrot & G-Imny.... A nice hybrid motor could do well in the water....

Not sure about the range due to less batteries in such a small floor compared to the Prius' 18 mile battery life and the average American daily commute being 16 miles but any where near that would be near zero cost travel especially as a lot of work places offer free charging and let's not forget the continually improving battery technology.
C of G would probably be improved with all the battery weight in the floor. Then let's see Consumer Reports try to roll it.

Looking for a nice clean and straight LHD Jimny..... Not any more.
Got one that seems to have been magnatized and driven through the "Big Jimny Bits" parts stores too quickly so it missed a few items.
Last edit: 21 Apr 2019 09:46 by Rabid Rhino.

• TaterTot
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Apr 2019 13:46 #206451 by TaterTot
Replied by TaterTot on topic Gen 5 Jimny - 2020
But there are no confirmations on what Toyota/Suzuki will deliver in Europe (size Jimny)?

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds