BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Engine splutters and cuts out.

• Yorkie67
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Apr 2019 08:16 #205869 by Yorkie67
Engine splutters and cuts out. was created by Yorkie67
Hi,
I have never used a forum before, so bear with me.

I have a 54 plate Jimny.

** I AM NO MECHANIC...! **

The problem i am having is that it splutters and stalls/stops after 10/15 mins of driving.
Then it won't start again for 15+ mins.
It seems to be once the engine has warmed up, but that is just a guess.
I have changed the Camshaft sensor and put a new battery on it.
When i start it and leave it ticking over, it runs lovely. no missing or or stalling.
A neighbour who has a diagnostic tester, couldn't see a fault on it.
I just would like to get this sorted as it is just sat at home, as i am to worried to take it out to far.

I hope this makes sense...?

Please can anyone help.....? :-(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
11 Apr 2019 08:50 #205870 by Lambert
Welcome to the forum. The replacement sensor, was it a genuine one or an after market one? It's just by the sound of it that should have fixed it if there were no more codes.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yorkie67

More
11 Apr 2019 19:10 #205910 by kirkynut
Welcome along.

I think that it will be the crankshaft sensor though.

Is it a hard top or a soft top. If a hard top you can easily read the code with an OBD2 reader, or if it's a rare twin cam soft top as it's the change over year where Suzuki did odd things.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds