BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Gen4 Service Plan

More
09 Apr 2019 14:43 #205759 by stiffsteve204me
Have any of our, UK based, Gen4 owners taken out a service plan for their new vehicles?

Pros/Cons?

It am considering one, if the cost is reasonable.

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2019 20:43 #205780 by Bob1050
Replied by Bob1050 on topic Gen4 Service Plan
Got a three year Service Plan as part of the sales deal. The advertised price is less than the cost of the individual services. I'm planning to keep the Jimny for 3 years and it keeps the vehicle with a Suzuki dealer's stamp in the book if I have any warranty problems or want to sell it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stiffsteve204me

More
09 Apr 2019 20:49 #205781 by ZT260
Replied by ZT260 on topic Gen4 Service Plan
I think what I heard was an offer of £750 for three years of servicing against a 'normal' price of over £900.

More
09 Apr 2019 21:20 - 09 Apr 2019 21:31 #205784 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Gen4 Service Plan
I had one in the past on a new car and did not feel it was value for money. You really need to look at the service schedule and see what you get for your cash. Based on a GEN3 schedule in three years you should get:-
3 X engine oil and filter changes
1 X coolant change
1 X set of new plugs
1 X Air filter
1 X Gearbox oil change (manual).
Anything else is just inspect (or ignore) at the discretion of the bored mechanics.

So parts for the above are about £200, the rest is labour. In the UK you don't have to use genuine service parts to maintain the warranty (although they do like to imply that's the case), but the book needs to be stamped by a professional body (not ted in a shed).
So phone around once you have confirmed the schedule, put main dealer against main dealer and ask for a price for each years service, but imply you already own the vehicle, you may find the service prices drop to win your business.
It may be good value, but do you homework and don't take the dealership word for it.

Also if you miss your last service by one day, tough luck, you are out of the plan.

Have fun.

Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 09 Apr 2019 21:31 by Scimike.

More
26 Jul 2021 16:27 #237004 by Coco BT
Replied by Coco BT on topic Gen4 Service Plan
just been quoted £638 (inclusive of vat) for our new commercial
for 3 years, or 36,000
essentially 3 services.

not sure if that's a good deal or not?

More
27 Jul 2021 07:50 #237021 by Axholme Lion
Replied by Axholme Lion on topic Gen4 Service Plan
Our other car is a Subaru and i always ring two or three dealers for a best quote. It always ends up going to the same dealer as they are willing to beat any other qoutes but it's worth a couple of phone calls.

More
27 Jul 2021 16:01 #237039 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Gen4 Service Plan

just been quoted £638 (inclusive of vat) for our new commercial
for 3 years, or 36,000
essentially 3 services.

not sure if that's a good deal or not?

The Suzuki service plan is simply the cost of the 3 services added together, there is no discount. If the service cost increases within 3 years you win. If it comes down (somewhat unlikely) you lose.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds