BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Chinese E-Locker

• zukebob
  • zukebob's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
  • Manila, Philippines
More
24 Nov 2019 03:32 #215920 by zukebob
Replied by zukebob on topic Chinese E-Locker
Those videos reminded me of some of the things I did in my younger days. I may still come a little bit close but really no longer up to doing anything quite that extreme these days.

Although I did get to a construction site close by, I haven't been able to get back to the mountains in an attempt to get one rear wheel off the ground. I will say that I was pleasantly surprised by the engagement of the locker. As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, e-lockers have a reputation of a delayed engagement and then a temporary disengagement when you stop forward progress and begin to reverse. In my experience it seemed as though the locking was nearly immediate and I didn't notice any disengagement when I stopped and put it in reverse (uphill in gravel).

I'm tied up now with having my Fox shocks installed but hope to hit the trails shortly afterward.

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left
The following user(s) said Thank You: moles

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Mar 2020 21:35 #219667 by moles
Replied by moles on topic Chinese E-Locker
Any further news on this Bob?

• zukebob
  • zukebob's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
  • Manila, Philippines
More
10 Mar 2020 01:12 #219668 by zukebob
Replied by zukebob on topic Chinese E-Locker
With the wet season (I hate mud) I haven't had much opportunity to go out. I can say that on several short occasions, it has operated flawlessly. I was able to briefly get onto some trails during the last couple of months when we were visiting the area where we purchased some property. Unfortunately, I didn't have much time as the main purpose of those trips was to handle property issues. With the dry season just starting I was planning on spending more time on the trails so that I could post an update again. Admittedly, even if everything works out, I will only be able to give short term reviews. Without any real history on these lockers, long term durability will be - well - a long time coming.

My biggest uncertainty about getting to the mountains now is that the government is talking about a lockdown of Metro Manila due to the coronavirus. If that happens, I won't be able to get into the mountains.

I will add one "editorial" comment. If I were purchasing an e-locker again, I would probably choose the TRE. After I learned that TRE was also now producing an e-locker, I attempted to do some research to determine if they met the testing results that TRE airlockers did. I wasn't able to find any e-locker info but their airlockers are supposed to be tested to a torque as high as ARB without failure. Although it wasn't a driver for me, they also have the benefit of being cheaper.

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds