BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

As Rare as Rocking Horse Droppings

More
07 Feb 2019 23:09 #202774 by Bob1050
Having now clocked up more than 700 miles in the new Jimny across the country - to date I've only seen one other 2019 new model Jimny being driven.

Makes me wonder just how many new Jimnys are now actually 'on the road' across the UK?

Do Jimny drivers acknowledge each others presence on the road?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Feb 2019 23:42 #202776 by Scimike
Yes and no.
I always wave but so far it's 50/50 if I get a return. As a group it's not quite as acknowledged as my Series Land Rover, most including any Defender variant will wave back. So we need more acknowledgments in any generation in my humble opinion,, so if you want go for it.
I have seen more GEN4 this year (2) than GEN3 (1), so they are out and about on the roads.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
08 Feb 2019 00:41 #202779 by helijohn

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

• Lambert
  • Away
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
08 Feb 2019 05:23 #202782 by Lambert
I'm trying to push the Jimny wave round here as being rural there's plenty knocking about though mostly gen3. I agree with the 50/50 response but it is increasing. The most confused drivers are the middle aged ladies who look back at you like their brains are actually hurting!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
08 Feb 2019 06:25 - 08 Feb 2019 06:25 #202785 by Max Headroom
Yep - I'll second the 50/50 experience but I get the impression that during my last 11 months of tenure that has now increased and I now get a return of the wave on most if not all occasions.
I've usually been the one to wave first however; only on three or four occasions have I received an enthusiastic wave first - most notable was two Jimnys coming up through Burford High street one hot day, a girl driving the first, and she was virtually hanging out of the car waving at me, the following Jimny gave me an enthusiastic thumbs up.

Caution if you flash your lights though - I was driving my MG in a built up area and another MG flashed it's lights at me - my return flash of lights and accompaniying wave was interpreted by another motorist whom thought I was allowing him to pull out of a side junction ahead of me which I wasn't expecting :ohmy:

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS
Last edit: 08 Feb 2019 06:25 by Max Headroom.

• TaterTot
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Feb 2019 08:46 #202789 by TaterTot
Replied by TaterTot on topic As Rare as Rocking Horse Droppings
Last summer, on one of my trips (with the RTT on), I met a green Gen3 Jimny with the same setup as me (RTT). There was a very clear and visible excitement in both cars, as we passed each other. Lovely little experience :)

More
08 Feb 2019 17:07 #202824 by Bob1050
I look forward to passing my first Jimny on the road and seeing what if any reaction I get. So far I haven't passed another Jimny of any generation never mind a 2019 model.

More
08 Feb 2019 19:06 #202831 by yakuza

Lambert wrote: I'm trying to push the Jimny wave round here as being rural there's plenty knocking about though mostly gen3. I agree with the 50/50 response but it is increasing. The most confused drivers are the middle aged ladies who look back at you like their brains are actually hurting!

local very grown up Lady in a SJ looked like brain hurting only first time I waved. Next time she waved first :) We became friends.
two local Jimnys now still do not wave and their brains hurt, but the other five do proper waves :)
We'll get them over on our side in the end.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds