BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Gatescarth May 11th - anyone fancy buddying up?

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
14 Apr 2019 11:02 #206050 by Riccy
Had a wee run up to the start of the lane today to see what its like. Very pretty, hope we get more sunshine than today tho...

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Apr 2019 11:35 #206054 by sniper
Great Ric, looks spot on.

I'm looking forward to the 11th, so much so that I've ducked out of navigating for jack at a trial event on the same day.....

sniper
The following user(s) said Thank You: Riccy

• MilkyRon
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Apr 2019 16:48 #206081 by MilkyRon

G-imny wrote: Anyone else interested in joining this trip? There is one group of 4 confirmed but we can make another group if there are 1, 2 or 3 others that want to go?

Let me know if you are interested and I will try and get another permit for the 11th.

Thanks,

Gav

Is this offer still open? Would have replied earlier but I didn't have a Jimmy

Ta, MilkyRon

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
14 Apr 2019 17:19 #206087 by Riccy
I would send Dan an email (i think he posted his email address in page 1 somewhere). If you are the only additional Jim wanting to come it might be tricky to get a permit now.

You are of course welcome to join in for the run after gatesgarth pass, which will be as much fun! (starting at stile end, group size max 5 afterwards so if theres more we will split into groups).

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

• MilkyRon
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Apr 2019 19:01 #206104 by MilkyRon
Nice one Riccy. Just found Dan's address in the original post, I'll drop him a mail. I'm very late to the party so don't mind if Gatescarth is off the cards but I'd love to meet up with the group afterwards.

More
04 May 2019 07:40 - 04 May 2019 10:37 #207264 by sniper
CV done with new bearings, all diffs and boxes topped up, just got to give it a wash and she's ready to go.....

Looking forward to the day, it will be good to catch up with Riccy and meet some new faces. Seeing a gen4 Jimny up close will be a treat too, I haven't seen one as yet.

sniper
Last edit: 04 May 2019 10:37 by sniper.

• MilkyRon
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 May 2019 11:57 #207282 by MilkyRon
I've been informed by the wife that we've got a prior engagement on the 11th so I won't be able to come along for the after party. A real shame as I was looking forward to meeting a few forum members. Have fun chums. Looking forward to seeing some of the pictures.

Ta, MilkyRon

More
06 May 2019 11:11 #207450 by ahtr

sniper wrote: CV done with new bearings, all diffs and boxes topped up, just got to give it a wash and she's ready to go.....

Looking forward to the day, it will be good to catch up with Riccy and meet some new faces. Seeing a gen4 Jimny up close will be a treat too, I haven't seen one as yet.

sniper

I'm part way through doing some pre-trip jobs too, looking forward to it.

Seen a couple of demonstrator gen 4's out and about but will be interesting seeing how they go once off tarmac.

My green laner build
2003 Jimny - M16 engine - 4.16 TC - Winch - Snorkel - 30x9.5 Maxxis MT-764 tyres on 15x7 ET-7 offset wheels - 4" lift - Rear floating axles and discs

More
06 May 2019 22:00 #207468 by Bob1050
I'm looking forward to some constructive and informed feedback on how the Gen 4 models perform.

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds