BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

2019 Jimny - Real Life Experience + Feedback

More
09 Feb 2019 23:16 #202885 by Gadget
It's just like driving a 2CV, I really enjoyed the buffeting today!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
09 Feb 2019 23:31 #202887 by Lambert
Enjoy is not the first word that springs for high wind driving. Suffer. Tolerate. Avoid. These are nearer the mark.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
10 Feb 2019 13:22 #202898 by saxj
I fitted better coils and shocks. It makes a big difference in wind

More
10 Feb 2019 20:02 #202925 by Bob1050
Today the Jimny went off on a relaxed tour to the furthest reaches of a Supermarket Car Park. Didn't require the selection of 4WD although I was careful to park well away from the mass of cars who dent each others doors, scrape their bumpers and take direct hits from shopping trolleys. Returning to the Jimny we noted a car parked next to us, that will be very familiar to those of you who watch 'Police Interceptors' on the TV. The black Audi had a couple of occupants who were undertaking a very close study of the Jimny and as we approached they feigned disinterest but then wanted to know more about the spec. Apparently the 'rarity factor' really appealed to them or maybe they were simply adding it to their next shopping wish-list. Don't fancy being the first new Jimny owner on the forum to report it stolen. Other than that it was the usual pleasant Jimny driving experience.

More
10 Feb 2019 20:10 #202926 by Gadget
I took mine offroad for the first time yesterday. Ok, so it involved bumping up a kerb and cresting a 2ft high grassy bank in order to drop my son at cubs as the parking was a nightmare, but it was still great. :laugh: Without the ground clearance I'd have left bits of exhaust scattered across the grass. :)

More
12 Feb 2019 20:53 #203067 by Bob1050
Interesting day today as the odometer hit the 1000 mile mark. The computer reports an average of 42mpg over 1000 miles which has been a real mix of urban journeys, motorways, dual carriageways and a few miles on farm tracks up a hill. To date not a single component has failed, nor is there any reason to return the Jimny for a warranty claim or three - unlike my previous Solihull built product. Have to say I'm fairly impressed with the ownership experience to date and nothing having failed, rattled loose or irritating me big time. The Kinetic Yellow colour is a real hoot and I can never lose sight of it in car parks amongst the sea of monochromatic black, white and silver cars. Had a few Land Rover drivers give me a thumbs up on passing but still to be passed by another Jimny.

More
17 Feb 2019 21:56 #203372 by Bob1050
Another few hundred miles clocked up over the past few days. Loaded the Jimny up with 4 full sized adults and went across the country from West to East and return. Bizarre fact of the trip was average fuel consumption of 42mpg - so the additional weight appears to make no difference to fuel consumption. What was evident though was a feeling that the Jimny felt more 'planted' on the road in high wind conditions with the extra weight aboard. The vehicle continues to attract attention with several folk taking pictures of it - even as they overtook us on the motorway. So if you like driving about incognito and behaving like a furtive fugitive - the new 2019 Jimny in Kinetic Yellow is not the car you should choose. Late night driving on country roads once again confirms that the front lights are absolutely superb and the only negative comments within this household, relate to the operation of the front seats - which irritate users big time when retrieving people or goods from the rear. Another first was seeing two other Jimnys on the road - although neither was the current model - so the new model still appears to be 'rarer than hen's teeth'.

More
21 Feb 2019 22:11 #203624 by Bob1050
Well the Jimny has clocked up a few more miles on 'business' use this week. Mainly pottering up the motorway and dual carriageway to another site where I have a project to progress. Result is that fuel consumption has increased to 43 mpg sitting at 55 - 60 mph in 5th gear. Still getting a lot of attention from folk that haven't seen one before - interestingly Land Rover owners seem drawn to it by a strange magnetic like force. Still zero defects to report and even after a few hundred miles of driving in filthy weather, the Kinetic Yellow doesn't look as dirty as I might have expected. I will endeavour to give it a thorough clean this weekend.

More
22 Feb 2019 03:03 #203633 by Max Headroom
...And I still haven't seen one in the real world :(

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

More
22 Feb 2019 11:39 #203668 by Max Headroom
Heheh

you're on - I'll be there in five mins ;) :cheer:

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

More
02 Mar 2019 21:10 #204038 by Bob1050
Very depressed today - clocked up 1700 miles on the odometer with an average fuel consumption since taking delivery of 42 mpg. Seeing other new '19' plate cars on the road reminded me that my 'new' Jimny is now an 'old' Jimny - maybe I should be trying to offload it?

On the other hand I will need to contact the dealer this week and see about booking it in for the 'free' 2000 mile check over. Don't think that should take very long as I've yet to identify a single item that I would describe as a manufacturing defect or warranty claim.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Mar 2019 21:28 #204039 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic 2019 Jimny - Real Life Experience + Feedback
You've actually seen another Jimny on the road? Ive seen 0.

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds