BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

2019 Jimny - Real Life Experience + Feedback

• Dorsetdumpling
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jan 2019 17:54 #202122 by Dorsetdumpling
Replied by Dorsetdumpling on topic 2019 Jimny - Real Life Experience + Feedback
Quick query!

Not clear from the brochure, do the door mirrors fold electrically?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• G-imny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jan 2019 21:00 #202142 by G-imny
No, electrically adjustable mirror but not folding.

More
30 Jan 2019 22:37 #202150 by Bob1050
G-imny you are correct but it's also worth a read at the Official Suzuki Manual which I understand refers to the mirror controls being located on the door! After examining the door card as part of a forensic study I noted the controls are actually on the lower front dash. As part of my 'Be Prepared' approach to driving a new car I also looked at the jacking instructions. Interested in other comments on whether the manual is rather ambiguous as to where you should place a trolley jack? Pictures and words don't quite complement each other.

More
30 Jan 2019 22:45 #202151 by Bob1050

SmallBlue wrote: Bob 1050 what they charge you for 3 year service plan?

From memory it was just over £400 and that seems to include 2 small services and a big one. Cheap as chips compared to Land Rover, although the Suzuki dealership doesn't seem to offer all the muffins, breakfast bags, luxury loan cars, mini-bus to the city centre and beautiful people smiling at you through chemically whitened teeth.

More
30 Jan 2019 23:02 #202152 by Bob1050
Interesting day with the Jimny today. First off it was rather chilly and the doors hadn't frozen up - good news. Secondly the car seems to defrost quickly - good news. Thirdly the windscreen washer jets seem prone to freezing solid after a few miles at speed down the local dual-carriageway. By the time I got to the office I was down to 2 out of 4 jets operating and the pressure was what some magazines would describe as flaccid. As the miles rack up commuting, the engine and transmission continue to bed in nicely. That raised edge around the rubber mats is proving very practical as my snowy boots thaw off under the impressive heater - thankfully I didn't spec the luxury carpet mats in this weather. Fuel economy has yet to dip below 43mpg and that includes a mix of urban dual-carriageway, city centre motorway and a few rural B-roads. Tomorrow morning will be interesting as the new car smell may have been permanently erased after I consumed a special haddock supper with vinegar on the way home.

• G-imny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Jan 2019 12:48 #202188 by G-imny
My 3 year 'discounted' service plan quote is £679.52. Seems a bit steep compared to just over 400! Not sure weather to take it or not.

More
31 Jan 2019 20:38 #202217 by Bob1050
Minus 6 when I approached the Jimny this morning for the run down to the railway station. Those flat windows are so easy to scrape the frost off, the doors opened with ease and it started with zero fuss. What was a surprise though, was the traffic sign recognition system flashing up a 40mph sign as it should on the dual carriageway but then showing a 110mph sign for leaving the station car park. Methinks the artificial intelligence system has got a bit confused somewhere along the line. Even if the Jimny could reach 110mph I'm thinking that might just be a step too far for my current mental welfare.

More
31 Jan 2019 20:47 #202218 by Bob1050

G-imny wrote: My 3 year 'discounted' service plan quote is £679.52. Seems a bit steep compared to just over 400! Not sure weather to take it or not.

Maybe you are being quoted for your dealer's 'Executive' Service Package? I understand that offers additional benefits over the basic oil/filter changes and includes a foot massage, organic coffee from an estate in Ecuador and a 1 hour Sumo wrestling session with pie eater called Dan from Wigan. After that your car will be returned fully serviced and scented with hibiscus extracts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: G-imny

More
31 Jan 2019 22:47 #202226 by jimkyx

Bob1050 wrote: Interesting day with the Jimny today. First off it was rather chilly and the doors hadn't frozen up - good news. Secondly the car seems to defrost quickly - good news. Thirdly the windscreen washer jets seem prone to freezing solid after a few miles at speed down the local dual-carriageway. By the time I got to the office I was down to 2 out of 4 jets operating and the pressure was what some magazines would describe as flaccid. As the miles rack up commuting, the engine and transmission continue to bed in nicely. That raised edge around the rubber mats is proving very practical as my snowy boots thaw off under the impressive heater - thankfully I didn't spec the luxury carpet mats in this weather. Fuel economy has yet to dip below 43mpg and that includes a mix of urban dual-carriageway, city centre motorway and a few rural B-roads. Tomorrow morning will be interesting as the new car smell may have been permanently erased after I consumed a special haddock supper with vinegar on the way home.

Oh no not the fish and chips. I refused to even get a take away for the first 3 years. Saved me over £1500.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• SmallBlue
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Feb 2019 14:46 #202279 by SmallBlue
Replied by SmallBlue on topic Re:2019 Jimny - Real Life Experience + Feedback
43mpg I’m getting 34mpg and I’m driving steady

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
01 Feb 2019 16:10 #202284 by Lambert
I get that thrashing about in my gen3 and more likely 40 plus on a gentle run.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
01 Feb 2019 19:45 #202305 by Bob1050
I didn't buy the Jimny to save the planet and I ain't that interested in driving about pretending I've got a fragile egg between the sole of my boot and the accelerator pedal. Just sharing real life feedback as I drive around the countryside. Today I noted the average mpg had dropped to 42mpg over 500 miles of motoring since delivery. I can also report that the smell of the fish supper has now dissipated after 48 hours. The Kinetic Yellow is proving rather useful in the snowy landscape and the Jimny continues to look quite different as the winter sun and cloud cover changes. Have decided that I'm rather happy the dealer couldn't source me a blue one - I can now understand why Suzuki feature Kinetic Yellow in all their promotional materials.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds