BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

SZ5 - Collection next week

• Jeff Garrett
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Jan 2019 20:17 #201184 by Jeff Garrett
Replied by Jeff Garrett on topic SZ5 - Collection next week
Thanks for the link Gadget.... I was looking in the wrong area.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jan 2019 21:26 #201267 by saxj
Replied by saxj on topic SZ5 - Collection next week
The lottery thing is frustrating. We had the same here. I was supposed to be top of the list, and waited 2 weeks after I was supposed to get it for my third choice in colour. This is after placing my order 3 months in advance.

I spoke to the dealer 2 weeks ago, and he said my original allocation had just arrived (6 weeks after I was supposed to get it)

More
20 Jan 2019 23:21 #201277 by Bob1050
Replied by Bob1050 on topic SZ5 - Collection next week
From my discussions with several Suzuki sales people - that Blue paint job is very very popular with potential purchasers - congratulations and well done for securing it.

We tried very hard to get one in that same blue colour with a black roof and failed miserably - there were zero difficulties in sourcing black, silver or white ones. However Blue or Yellow are apparently the most requested paint finishes if your dealer can actually source one.

• Jeff Garrett
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Jan 2019 13:32 #201335 by Jeff Garrett
Hi Bob,

To be honest, I simply had to take what was on offer. My dealer explained that allocations of stock has been placed, based upon past sales by the dealership. He couldn't advise when his next allocation may be, or what spec and colours may be available. Orders being placed at the moment are being given up to a year for expected delivery. I know he has a long waiting list, so I guess he has to fill those obligations first? I was fourth on the list and the customer prior to me, backed out when offered this blue one. That was fortunate for me. I actually like the Kinetic Yellow and Black option, as well. Having once owned a black car, I am aware of the difficulties keeping it looking pristine... Black looks amazing when clean and polished, but I am pleased I didn't get that colour. Detachable Tow Bar, Rubber Mats, Mud flaps and the stainless steel spare wheel cover are being fitted prior to collection. Really looking forward to collection day, later this week.

More
21 Jan 2019 19:19 #201368 by Bob1050
Replied by Bob1050 on topic SZ5 - Collection next week
Hi Jeff,
Just go and enjoy your blue one when it appears - looks stunning and that was the spec of the first one I saw for real. It certainly looks like Suzuki have produced a vehicle that demand is far exceeding supply around the world. Great for those who have secured a vehicle and great for residual values - not so good for those behind us in the queue. Like you I'm going for rubber mats as that suits my lifestyle. Will be very surprised if it doesn't delight you and if it doesn't tickle your fancy then you will have no problem 'moving it on'.

• Jeff Garrett
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Jan 2019 19:49 #201374 by Jeff Garrett
Hi Bob,

I am thrilled to bits with it.... when I was originally looking at the new model I assumed there would be other colour options, as in the rest of the world...Grey, for example doesn’t appear to be a UK option at present. That may perhaps change over time. It is a great pity that availability is such that many customers are having difficulties in finding what they want. The frustration is certainly being felt by the Suzuki UK agents, I’m sure.

I am really made up with the spec of the SZ5... so much more equipment included than in my previous SZ4. The price increase certainly reflects the extras included.

When I was originally looking fo a 4x4, a few years ago, I was apprehensive about buying the SZ4 Jimny. On reflection, I sure am glad I made that choice. It has been an amazing little motor that I have really looked after and enjoyed. That was the reason I popped the order in to Suzuki for the new model, as soon as I could.

You enjoy yours, too!

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds