BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

My 2019 SZ4

More
11 Jan 2019 21:04 #200512 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Re:My 2019 SZ4

Daz3031 wrote:

facade wrote:

Daz3031 wrote: Wheel-size.com states the 2019 Jimmy has an offset of 22 but the Jimmy Sierra (i.e. what we get in the UK) has an offset of 5. My dealer has checked with Suzuki UK technical support and they have said it's 22 though. Think I'll measure the wheel myself when my one arrives before ordering a second set of steelies.

Looking at the various online pictures, the wider track is because the wheels have another 17mm of offset each, the centre of the alloy looks a long way from the rim. (Bye-bye wheel bearings)

Is it not the other way round? Changing from an offset of 5 to 22 would reduce the track? If you want to increase the track then you normally go to negative offsets. Therefore, if anything, your wheels from your existing car will sit further out.

This assumes the new Jimmy has an offset of 22 though.....

I assumed (perhaps wrongly), that the 22mm was a negative offset, if the standard wheels are only 5mm. I'll get a stick to mine tomorrow.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2019 21:18 - 11 Jan 2019 21:18 #200514 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Re:My 2019 SZ4

Foxtrot wrote:
You can get General Grabber AT3 in the new size, at £80 a corner...:)

www.tyresdirectuk.co.uk/product/general-grabber-at3-195-80r15/

The AT3 is an all season tyre, and the wet grip is very poor. (E)

There are Grabber Snow, but no-one has any in that size. I'll cross the winter tyre bridge if & when I get one. Just a pain that I have £400 worth of tyres & rims that I thought I could use, that I will have to replace when I get the new one.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)
Last edit: 11 Jan 2019 21:18 by facade.

• Daz3031
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Jan 2019 23:31 #200611 by Daz3031
Replied by Daz3031 on topic Re:My 2019 SZ4

facade wrote:

Daz3031 wrote: Wheel-size.com states the 2019 Jimmy has an offset of 22 but the Jimmy Sierra (i.e. what we get in the UK) has an offset of 5. My dealer has checked with Suzuki UK technical support and they have said it's 22 though. Think I'll measure the wheel myself when my one arrives before ordering a second set of steelies.

Looking at the various online pictures, the wider track is because the wheels have another 17mm of offset each, the centre of the alloy looks a long way from the rim. (Bye-bye wheel bearings)

Bit of a pain, as I was hoping to just take the wheels off mine and put them straight on the new one, complete with Winter tyres. I daresay they will fit, but the flares will look rather silly with nothing under them, and no doubt the insurance won't like it as the track will be less.

After a lot of searching and with the assistance of Google translate I have found that the new wheels are identical in dimension to the old ones. I've decided to get a set of Dotz Dakar in 15x6" with an offset of 0.

www.gollek-automotive.com/Suzuki-EXTREME...W-Jimny-2018/mobile/

• mikeyw85
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Jan 2019 09:46 #200618 by mikeyw85
Replied by mikeyw85 on topic Re:My 2019 SZ4

Daz3031 wrote:

facade wrote:

Bit of a pain, as I was hoping to just take the wheels off mine and put them straight on the new one, complete with Winter tyres. I daresay they will fit, but the flares will look rather silly with nothing under them, and no doubt the insurance won't like it as the track will be less.

After a lot of searching and with the assistance of Google translate I have found that the new wheels are identical in dimension to the old ones. I've decided to get a set of Dotz Dakar in 15x6" with an offset of 0.

Is it the ET0 ones that have been fitted there, with the 215/75 tyres?

More
13 Jan 2019 10:15 #200620 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic Re:My 2019 SZ4
Is it me being dim, or do those wheels look identical to the stock Suzuki steel wheels?

• Daz3031
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Jan 2019 10:17 #200622 by Daz3031
Replied by Daz3031 on topic Re:My 2019 SZ4

mikeyw85 wrote:

Daz3031 wrote:

facade wrote:

Is it the ET0 ones that have been fitted there, with the 215/75 tyres?

Yes, those are the ones. I quite like the look of it, although I'm not sure whether I'd be best going for those exact wheels or the same ones but in a 7" width a -12 offset. I've asked the question regarding wheel widths in a new topic.

• Venter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Jan 2019 11:31 #200626 by Venter
Replied by Venter on topic My 2019 SZ4
Some of these will look awesome...

Evocourse -25ET

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Jan 2019 12:30 #200631 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic My 2019 SZ4
They look good ;)

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
13 Jan 2019 13:48 #200639 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic My 2019 SZ4
Want those evocourse! They're very cool!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds