BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

2019 Jimny - New Owner Feedback

More
08 Jan 2019 20:26 - 08 Jan 2019 20:27 #200206 by Bob1050
Anyone actually in possession of their new 2019 Jimny and willing to share their thoughts/experiences to date?

Most internet feedback seems to relate to demo models rather than real owners in possession of their own new Jimny.

Been a lot of hype and promotion - I now want to learn about the reality of ownership.
Last edit: 08 Jan 2019 20:27 by Bob1050.
The following user(s) said Thank You: grumyoldjoe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2019 20:36 #200209 by Themooingman
If I get mine this weekend happy to do so.

2019 Gen 4 Jimny SZ5 in Silky Silver. Parking sensors and Rear Camera, floor mats pack and Rigid tyre Cover

• mikeyw85
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Jan 2019 21:22 #200214 by mikeyw85
Replied by mikeyw85 on topic 2019 Jimny - New Owner Feedback
I pick mine up this Thursday apparently. It's an SZ4 in silver. I have driven an SZ5 already, which was enjoyable. The car has such character for a 'modern' vehicle.

I will try get some thoughts and photos on here, as well as answering any other questions.

More
08 Jan 2019 21:58 #200216 by Bob1050
Thanks Chaps - Look forward to learning your thoughts and experiences when you take delivery.

I'm awaiting the 'phone call from the dealer regarding where my Jimny actually is - actual handover is all a bit too vague - just "sometime soon".

Tick tock, tick tock I'm really not watching the clock!

• MrPaynterZA
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Jan 2019 06:29 - 09 Jan 2019 06:30 #200223 by MrPaynterZA
Replied by MrPaynterZA on topic 2019 Jimny - New Owner Feedback
I've had mine 5 weeks now, but have been away for almost 4 of those. I shouldn't wish away a holiday but I have been just a little bit!

Am I right in my assumption the SZ4 and SZ5 are the model tiers in the U.K.? In S.A. we have the GA (base model) and GL (range topper) and then the GL Auto. I have a silver GA.

I have loved mine for all 700kms thus far though my previous Jimny experience is very limited. I will be home with it next Thursday the 17th and am happy to take as many detailed photos and answer any more specific questions though I may need some lay-terms as my mechanical and 4x4 experience is also very limited.
Last edit: 09 Jan 2019 06:30 by MrPaynterZA. Reason: Spelling fix

More
09 Jan 2019 07:23 #200226 by reedx

MrPaynterZA wrote: Am I right in my assumption the SZ4 and SZ5 are the model tiers in the U.K.?

Yes SZ4 and SZ5 in the UK, with the option of auto transmission on the SZ5 only.

Colin

More
09 Jan 2019 18:41 #200256 by tim04
Pictures would be great; I have a SZ4 on order in Silver and would like to see some "real world" pictures of the colour.

More
09 Jan 2019 23:19 #200294 by helijohn

reedx wrote:

MrPaynterZA wrote: Am I right in my assumption the SZ4 and SZ5 are the model tiers in the U.K.?

Yes SZ4 and SZ5 in the UK, with the option of auto transmission on the SZ5 only.

Colin

It is the auto version I want to hear about.

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

More
10 Jan 2019 07:25 #200302 by Bill Portland

mikeyw85 wrote: I pick mine up this Thursday apparently. It's an SZ4 in silver. I have driven an SZ5 already, which was enjoyable. The car has such character for a 'modern' vehicle.

I will try get some thoughts and photos on here, as well as answering any other questions.

Have you got your insurance sorted Mikey? If so, who with?

Sent from my Lenovo YB1-X90F using Tapatalk

More
10 Jan 2019 21:39 #200382 by Bob1050
Wishing someone had taken delivery by now, clocked up a few miles and could share their thinking and a few pics.

• mikeyw85
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jan 2019 09:19 #200416 by mikeyw85
Replied by mikeyw85 on topic 2019 Jimny - New Owner Feedback

Bob1050 wrote: Wishing someone had taken delivery by now, clocked up a few miles and could share their thinking and a few pics.

I've started putting a few thought and photo's in "My 2019 SZ4" thread.

• mikeyw85
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jan 2019 09:22 #200417 by mikeyw85
Replied by mikeyw85 on topic Re:2019 Jimny - New Owner Feedback

Bill Portland wrote:

mikeyw85 wrote: I pick mine up this Thursday apparently. It's an SZ4 in silver. I have driven an SZ5 already, which was enjoyable. The car has such character for a 'modern' vehicle.

Have you got your insurance sorted Mikey? If so, who with?

Sent from my Lenovo YB1-X90F using Tapatalk

Yeah, with Admiral. I happen to already have a multi-car policy with them, so that was kind of fortunate. Comparison sites are only bringing up quotes with Admiral, Bell, Diamond and Elephant.

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds