BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Underseal / Waxoyl on 2019 Jimny

• denniswise9
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Jan 2019 17:45 #199963 by denniswise9
Underseal / Waxoyl on 2019 Jimny was created by denniswise9
Hi all,

Does anyone know what the underbody corrosion protection is like with current Suzuki production cars and specifically on the new Jimny?

I am wondering if I'll need to invest in extra protection when I take delivery of the Jimny later this year. Polish winters are often even more salty than the UK winters - so don't want to end up dissolving the chassis rails in a handful of years. Although that said if it's fine with weekly underbody rinses I wont bother.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jan 2019 17:52 - 03 Jan 2019 17:54 #199965 by yakuza
When I bought my vw t5 it came with a warranty against corrosion and rust. It was 4 years old so to keep the original 5 and 8 year warranty I had to use the original vw stuff to coat it extra underneath. This varies from country to country and between models of course. Check this on your suzuki to avoid future problems.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 03 Jan 2019 17:54 by yakuza.

• MadsV
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Jan 2019 18:10 #199971 by MadsV
Replied by MadsV on topic Underseal / Waxoyl on 2019 Jimny
I work with cars, and all i can say is get the car sprayed under if you want it to last. Wash regulary and polish the car. VW has some of the shittiest policys in norway when it comes to underbody protection, and almost all vws we have in the shop are completely brown underneat. Suzukis in norway are treated when they arrive at the port, but i would definetly get someone to coat it underneat anyway if im planning to keep the car, no matter if the dealer says the warranty goes away

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
03 Jan 2019 18:46 #199976 by Lambert
I did Ermintrude fresh off the forecourt in 2011 and finally last November took the silly pressure washer to the under side and reapplied more. There were a couple of bits of corruption on the chassis but not serious.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
03 Jan 2019 19:54 #199983 by yakuza

MadsV wrote: VW has some of the shittiest policys in norway when it comes to underbody protection, and almost all vws we have in the shop are completely brown underneat. Suzukis in norway are treated when they arrive at the port, but i would definetly get someone to coat it underneat anyway if im planning to keep the car, no matter if the dealer says the warranty goes away

My vw got a double coating underneath. Now 12 years old and very nice under. But lots of brown spots on the outside..
But indeed get it sprayed!
Repeat after 4 years.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

• denniswise9
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Jan 2019 23:54 #199990 by denniswise9
Replied by denniswise9 on topic Underseal / Waxoyl on 2019 Jimny
Thanks all for the help. I'll definitely get something done straight away.

Found a few shots of the underneath on YouTube and looks like it will definitely need additional protection as you all said...

More
04 Jan 2019 19:39 - 04 Jan 2019 19:41 #200022 by Scimike
I would also add its worth getting a couple of cans of Dintrol (or similar) with lance and inject the sills and internal box sections. Plenty of drain holes in the chassis to get wax inside etc. It took 4 cans to do my Jimny, so new will be similar.

This is assuming the new Jimny has the same level of protection (naff all) as the old.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 04 Jan 2019 19:41 by Scimike.

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds