BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny waiting list

• lee1980
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Jan 2019 10:40 #200312 by lee1980
Replied by lee1980 on topic New Jimny waiting list
Not good sounds like I might be best waiting until it dies down some and cars are available. As in no rush like really.
Just read some more reviews and most although acknowledge faults and not good on the road its just so much fun etc.!
Just downloaded brochure to and SZ5 seems to have quite a few small things over the SZ4 so expect will go SZ5.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wigit
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Jan 2019 11:01 #200313 by wigit
Replied by wigit on topic New Jimny waiting list
In reality Suzuki in the UK had to commit to their allocation months ago and lets be honest I think its caught them by surprise and they simply cannot react that quickly to demand changes, I think there are also issues regarding quantities given their overall CO2.

I think the on road manners is a bit over played by journalists, I thought it was fine and tried it on urban, rural and dual carriageways, for me far less roll than I was expecting.

VW had similar issues with the up! GTI with crazy demand from people just wanting a fairly stripped out old skool type car.

Shame people are having similar experiences, ironically for the three manufacturers cars I won I will not be using my closet dealer for any of them.

My Suzuki dealer is like buying a car ten years ago and and I liked it and actually liked them

More
10 Jan 2019 11:42 #200314 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic New Jimny waiting list

Bill Portland wrote: Very similar to my experience except my dealer did take a deposit, gave me 1st refusal and then sold the 1st car he got allocated to someone else.

Did he re-allocate it or did Suzuki UK. I know of a dealer where an expected/deposited purchase did not turn up because it was diverted to a "more important" customer by Suzuki UK

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• lee1980
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Jan 2019 12:02 #200317 by lee1980
Replied by lee1980 on topic New Jimny waiting list

mlines wrote:

Bill Portland wrote: Very similar to my experience except my dealer did take a deposit, gave me 1st refusal and then sold the 1st car he got allocated to someone else.

Did he re-allocate it or did Suzuki UK. I know of a dealer where an expected/deposited purchase did not turn up because it was diverted to a "more important" customer by Suzuki UK

I hope that has not happened but imagine it does, not right at all!

I reckon there be a different engine to by the end of the year

More
10 Jan 2019 17:36 #200349 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic New Jimny waiting list
Well I received a phone call this morning and have been buzzing since!

Back in early August I registered an interest with my local dealer, then at the end of August they contacted me to say they were taking fully refundable deposits, I put down £100. I was told I was one of the first on the list, they then contacted me just before Christmas to book a test drive in their demonstrator.

Test drive done, I was very pleased with it and it drove so much better than expected going of the online journalists reviews so I put an order in for a black SZ5.

Only last week I phoned them for an update and they still didn't know what they were getting or when! I had convinced myself I wouldn't get one before March. Anyway I received said phone call this morning, thay had just had two delivered and one was a black SZ5 and I was told I could be driving it next week if I wanted it, I did ask if I could go and collect it tomorrow :unsure: but that was too soon. I'm going down tomorrow to sort out the paperwork and have been told I'll be able to collect next Tuesday or Thursday.

So I will be PXing my Toyota iQ 1.3, which I have had for just over 7 years and entering the world of the Jimny.

Happy Days :woohoo:

• jimnyfox
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Jan 2019 19:01 #200358 by jimnyfox
Replied by jimnyfox on topic New Jimny waiting list

Soeley wrote: Well I received a phone call this morning and have been buzzing since!

Back in early August I registered an interest with my local dealer, then at the end of August they contacted me to say they were taking fully refundable deposits, I put down £100. I was told I was one of the first on the list, they then contacted me just before Christmas to book a test drive in their demonstrator.

Test drive done, I was very pleased with it and it drove so much better than expected going of the online journalists reviews so I put an order in for a black SZ5.

Only last week I phoned them for an update and they still didn't know what they were getting or when! I had convinced myself I wouldn't get one before March. Anyway I received said phone call this morning, thay had just had two delivered and one was a black SZ5 and I was told I could be driving it next week if I wanted it, I did ask if I could go and collect it tomorrow :unsure: but that was too soon. I'm going down tomorrow to sort out the paperwork and have been told I'll be able to collect next Tuesday or Thursday.

So I will be PXing my Toyota iQ 1.3, which I have had for just over 7 years and entering the world of the Jimny.

Hope you get it soon as possible! Sounds like you had a good experience with your dealer. Mine is due for a March delivery. I guess the first allocation has come over on two separate ships and it was just luck whether that contained the cars destined for your dealer or not. Love to see some pictures and hear your opinions on it when you get it

More
10 Jan 2019 20:46 #200377 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic New Jimny waiting list

jimnyfox wrote:

Soeley wrote: Well I received a phone call this morning and have been buzzing since!

Hope you get it soon as possible! Sounds like you had a good experience with your dealer. Mine is due for a March delivery. I guess the first allocation has come over on two separate ships and it was just luck whether that contained the cars destined for your dealer or not. Love to see some pictures and hear your opinions on it when you get it

Oh, don't worry I'll post some pictures and share my thoughts :)

• SmallBlue
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Jan 2019 21:04 #200379 by SmallBlue
Replied by SmallBlue on topic New Jimny waiting list
Anyone know the cost of all the extras the dealers are selling. Had some hassle with my dealership, phoned me to tell me the car has arrived but Suzuki have added compulsory extras totalling £687. These so called factory extras where the paint treatment ( crap) mats, flaps , sill protectors, and a boot liner. Told them I didn’t want the extras and I said the only ones I’d consider where the mud flaps, dealer said £200 for the flaps , I laughed and walked out. They must think I’m daft, I know they are upselling to try and get a few more pounds. I left a £1000 deposit in November , I’m paying cash’s I no interest in their pocket didn’t want service plan , gap insurance, ect. So they don’t think they’ve extracted enough from me.

More
10 Jan 2019 21:52 #200385 by Bob1050
Replied by Bob1050 on topic New Jimny waiting list
There's a link on another page to the cost of the 'extras'. Some seem very reasonable and some don't seem as good value for money.

I did laugh at the cost of a 3 year Jimny service plan - about half the cost of a single service at a Land Rover dealership.

More
10 Jan 2019 22:34 #200390 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic New Jimny waiting list
Accessory list here courtesy of @reedx: www.reedx.net/temp/20181212_suzuki_jimny_uk_accessory_list.pdf

£200 for flaps is about right, listed as £95 for fronts, £95 for rears.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lee1980

• mikeyw85
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jan 2019 06:41 #200404 by mikeyw85
Replied by mikeyw85 on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
Try www.suzuki-shop.co.uk/ALL-NEW-JIMNY-2019%3E/EXTERIOR-STYLING they seem cheaper at £66 unfitted. Can’t be hard to fit I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
11 Jan 2019 07:08 #200408 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
Don't forget though that the dealer will be making hardly any money off the actual sale of the car, yet they have to pay the staff and keep the lights on somehow. I don't begrudge people making a profit and being a main dealer is not an easy way to make money.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Time to create page: 0.238 seconds